The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TBEBLE
I was told that my role inside DWP was Business Admin, that was it. I just want to know what my job role includes in more detail. Would it be like a contact centre where I'd be advising people about welfare and pensions? Does your sister work as a Business Admin too? If so, what type of work does she do? :smile:

Oh no, she's a liaison officer. But I'm doing business admin also! Mines mainly do using on computer databases, market strategy, business plans etc.. You can find outlines/job descriptions on Google. Just type in civil service business admin DWP and a odd should appear!
Reply 2121
Original post by jcyngier
Oh no, she's a liaison officer. But I'm doing business admin also! Mines mainly do using on computer databases, market strategy, business plans etc.. You can find outlines/job descriptions on Google. Just type in civil service business admin DWP and a odd should appear!

Hi, you are doing business admin in London? And on just over £30k? Wow...that's awesome. So you know what your job description is?
Reply 2122

Thanks for the reply, I owe you one. :smile:

For anyone reading, does anyone want to flat/house share as living on my own would be very expensive. If not, any suggestions?
Original post by Sa-95
Hi, you are doing business admin in London? And on just over £30k? Wow...that's awesome. So you know what your job description is?

Yeah, I visited London a week ago and had a full blown detailed walk through, I was told my salary is so high due to travel
Reply 2124
got offered digital tech in Birmingham today just need to wait for more information. is anyone else already on the digital tech framework? if so can you share what it involves

also looking for a house share in Birmingham If anyones interested
Reply 2125
Yeah, I visited London a week ago and had a full blown detailed walk through, I was told my salary is so high due to travel

Awesome, so they compensate for travel...I'm going to be travelling too so hopefully mine should be compromised too. How far/long will you be travelling if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Owen Freeman
I love the name londonkid2015 haha! Wish I was in London now :frown: Anyone from Nottingham about? Only got the 1 other person I've found so far haha!

Ha ha - I'm London based in BIS. I haven't heard of others in Nottingham - but will keep my ears open and let you know if I do!
Reply 2127
I'm sorry but 30k? Policy advisers who are a higher grade of HEO get 30-36k. From what I've read the salary will be 24k including London weighting .
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2128
Original post by hollyr_
Anyone in DfE had their line manager get in touch?

Hey im joining the same department and still waiting for my line manager to get in touch, only heard from gill about getting a conditional offer by 20th of november.
Original post by Lat234
Hey im joining the same department and still waiting for my line manager to get in touch, only heard from gill about getting a conditional offer by 20th of november.

I still haven't so emailed her this morning for an update
Hi there,
I've been posted to a Finance apprenticeship for HMRC in Telford and am now awaiting contact from the departmental lead.

Does anyone have any info about finance apprenticeships within HMRC? Or has anyone been posted here?

Also any idea on starting salaries?

Cheers
Good luck to everyone
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone based HMRC Manchester personal tax management??
And have any other details just waiting for department lead to get in contact with me
I'm late to the party but has anybody here received an offer in Edinburgh recently, and specifically within the Business Admin framework? Would also be glad to get info from other apprentices who have already started in the city.

Cheers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lat234
I'm sorry but 30k? Policy advisers who are a higher grade of HEO get 30-36k. From what I've read the salary will be 24k including London weighting .

From what I've been told it's due to travel. Besides in the MOJ they don't have EO HEO etc... They use grade so they overlap with other bands and titles used in the civil service
H
Hi all....just a quick update. ..starting my apprenticeship on monday with MoJ in Birmingham as administration officer. Took a good 5 months to sort out. For those of you interested salary is £18000+ so thats really good. I assume all those outside of London in business admin will have same pay scale but you have to bear in mind that they do deduct tax NI and pension!! Anybody else based in Birmingham? Would be great to see you!
Original post by sunshine7863
H
Hi all....just a quick update. ..starting my apprenticeship on monday with MoJ in Birmingham as administration officer. Took a good 5 months to sort out. For those of you interested salary is £18000+ so thats really good. I assume all those outside of London in business admin will have same pay scale but you have to bear in mind that they do deduct tax NI and pension!! Anybody else based in Birmingham? Would be great to see you!

Congratulations! I hope you don't mind me asking about this but it said on the application that minimum starting salary was 19,500 ? Are you on the operational delivery scheme or the fast track?
Original post by hollyr_
Congratulations! I hope you don't mind me asking about this but it said on the application that minimum starting salary was 19,500 ? Are you on the operational delivery scheme or the fast track?

I'm on the operational delivery scheme though on my paperwork it stated fast track. I rang up my line manager just to be clear and she confirmed that i was on operational delivery scheme.
Reply 2137
Original post by TBEBLE
Thanks for the reply, I owe you one. :smile:

For anyone reading, does anyone want to flat/house share as living on my own would be very expensive. If not, any suggestions?

Hey

It's worth checking out some of the flat share websites (just type flat share London into Google), they'll be rooms on there in existing house shares or options for buddy ups. I found SpareRoom.co.uk the most useful to me when I moved down to London.
Hi Guys,

I received a email that was along the lines of 'I am pleased to inform you that you have been successfully posted onto the Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme.' SO dose this mean i have the job???
Also says ' Your information has been passed onto your departmental lead so you should receive contact from them within the next two week regarding the pre-appointment and on-boarding processes, start dates etc.' so has anyone heard anything from there departments?
Any idea on Finance job in High Wycombe salary?
Any one know when we will start?
Reply 2139
I received that email the day after I had a phone call stating I had got in so would take it you've been successful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending