The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizzieperlizzie
Hey guys,
Just to say that I finally started today!! It did seem like it was never going to happen for a while there. I was only told last Saturday that my start date was today (I had to relocate too) so don't worry too much if it seems to be dragging now, just do as much as you can to prepare for when you do get that email because it could be very quick after that!!!
Good luck people :smile:

Thats fantastic! Im quite worried about applying now though. 3 months with no job, waiting for news on an apprenticeship is ridiculous!
[QUOTE=donte;60976467]Thats fantastic! Im quite worried about applying now though. 3 months with no job, waiting for news on an apprenticeship is ridiculous!

Yeah, it's ludicrous. Capita lost all my scanned documents and that took a lot of time for me to remedy by sending off the various documents and you may find that something similar happened to you and that's why it's taking so long. Hope you hear soon!!
Yeah, it's ludicrous. Capita lost all my scanned documents and that took a lot of time for me to remedy by sending off the various documents and you may find that something similar happened to you and that's why it's taking so long. Hope you hear soon!!

I havent applied yet! I was going to for next year but Im a little apprehensive now because a substantial amount of people have had some major issues with these people and have been waiting for ages
[QUOTE=donte;60977571]I havent applied yet! I was going to for next year but Im a little apprehensive now because a substantial amount of people have had some major issues with these people and have been waiting for ages

Ah sorry, I get you now. I would still apply, the job I've got now seems really good, it's a fantastic way to get into the civil service and the perks are wonderful. I would definitely consider it though, even if you decide not to take it :smile:
Reply 2184
That's unreal! You got told of your start date pn the Saturday and that you would be working the following Monday? So only 2 days notice? Or was it the Saturday before?
Original post by Sa-95
That's unreal! You got told of your start date pn the Saturday and that you would be working the following Monday? So only 2 days notice? Or was it the Saturday before?

Oh, the Saturday before. Sorry, that wasn't very clear
Hey guys,
Just to say that I finally started today!! It did seem like it was never going to happen for a while there. I was only told last Saturday that my start date was today (I had to relocate too) so don't worry too much if it seems to be dragging now, just do as much as you can to prepare for when you do get that email because it could be very quick after that!!!
Good luck people :smile:

What department are you in
I haven't received any information yet :frown: Not even documents/forms to fill in and send back. It really dampens my perception of the scheme itself :frown:
Hi everyone I saw an email for line managers yesterday saying that all apprentices must start before the end of December hope this helps
That can't be possible as I'm sure I'm not the only one with a 4-week notice period. Although someone did tell me that their deadline was supposed to be the end of December, but it doesn't look like they're going to hit it.

In any case, I get a welcome call from Nadine yesterday reassuring me that I would hear back as soon as I could and not to fret, so that's what I'm going to do; if anyone else is waiting, rest assured you're further along the process then I am so grin and bear it, we'll get there guys.. :smile:
Original post by hollyr_
Hi everyone I saw an email for line managers yesterday saying that all apprentices must start before the end of December hope this helps

I hope this is correct. I lost my patience months ago. I wanted out of my current job before Christmas. Not likely now! Can I ask how your line manager contacted you. Was it phone or email? Thanks.
[QUOTE=richwillturner;61017823]I hope this is correct. I lost my patience months ago. I wanted out of my current job before Christmas. Not likely now! Can I ask how your line manager contacted you. Was it phone or email? Thanks.

Hi, not sure it is. I just received an email saying that apprentices either start this week or the beginning of next month. We all seem to be getting mixed messages :/
Hi, not sure it is. I just received an email saying that apprentices either start this week or the beginning of next month. We all seem to be getting mixed messages :/

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. I've experienced some terrible recruitments in the past but this is unbelievable, I just hope it's all worth it. Luckily I only have to give a weeks notice. Are all your checks complete?
Reply 2193
[QUOTE=Lizzieperlizzie;61019403]Hi, not sure it is. I just received an email saying that apprentices either start this week or the beginning of next month. We all seem to be getting mixed messages :/

This week coming up? Or the week we are already in right now?
[QUOTE=richwillturner;61019879]Yeah that doesn't surprise me. I've experienced some terrible recruitments in the past but this is unbelievable, I just hope it's all worth it. Luckily I only have to give a weeks notice. Are all your checks complete?

Yes :smile: started on Monday and, as much as I hated the recruitment, so far the job has been more than worth it!!
Yes :smile: started on Monday and, as much as I hated the recruitment, so far the job has been more than worth it!!

Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask how long it took your forms to clear and where/what are you doing. Thanks.
Original post by richwillturner
I hope this is correct. I lost my patience months ago. I wanted out of my current job before Christmas. Not likely now! Can I ask how your line manager contacted you. Was it phone or email? Thanks.

It was a phone call
[QUOTE=richwillturner;61020583]Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask how long it took your forms to clear and where/what are you doing. Thanks.

Thank you!! Firstly, I'm not allowed to disclose where I work (stupid I know) secondly, it took around three weeks for my forms to go through the system but I had to be security cleared so I know that slows the process :/
Hey everyone!

I'm in the same boat as a few of you. Posted to a Business Admin Apprenticeship within HMRC in London, however haven't heard much since. It seems that it is just people who have been posted to HMRC who are yet to hear anything.

Was told mid October I would hear from my departmental lead "shortly" regarding job role etc but still haven't heard anything. I did receive an email from "Fast Track Apprentices" a week ago stating that my manager should be in touch soon, and that they acknowledge the anxiety which the lack of communication has caused. I'm not sure if this was a blanket email or just sent to me however.

I have however received a DBS form and criminal and health forms from Civil Service Resourcing, which I plan to send back tomorrow. These forms need to be returned before pre-employment checks can begin.

Has anyone else had to fill out a Character Enquiry form and a Recruitment Health Declaration form? If so where would I be able to find my Candidate Reference and Exercise Reference for each form respectively? I have checked all my emails from CSFTA and reviewed my initial application but I cannot seem to find either. There is a reference on the DBS form which I received through the post but I am unsure if this is the reference to be filled in these boxes.

I have emailed the correspondent at CSR however I haven't had a response, I can only imagine they are very busy at the moment though, Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone who has just started! :smile: It may be slow but it certainly does seem to be moving forward.
Reply 2199
Original post by Jam_Mcc
Hey everyone!

I'm in the same boat as a few of you. Posted to a Business Admin Apprenticeship within HMRC in London, however haven't heard much since. It seems that it is just people who have been posted to HMRC who are yet to hear anything.

Was told mid October I would hear from my departmental lead "shortly" regarding job role etc but still haven't heard anything. I did receive an email from "Fast Track Apprentices" a week ago stating that my manager should be in touch soon, and that they acknowledge the anxiety which the lack of communication has caused. I'm not sure if this was a blanket email or just sent to me however.

I have however received a DBS form and criminal and health forms from Civil Service Resourcing, which I plan to send back tomorrow. These forms need to be returned before pre-employment checks can begin.

Has anyone else had to fill out a Character Enquiry form and a Recruitment Health Declaration form? If so where would I be able to find my Candidate Reference and Exercise Reference for each form respectively? I have checked all my emails from CSFTA and reviewed my initial application but I cannot seem to find either. There is a reference on the DBS form which I received through the post but I am unsure if this is the reference to be filled in these boxes.

I have emailed the correspondent at CSR however I haven't had a response, I can only imagine they are very busy at the moment though, Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone who has just started! :smile: It may be slow but it certainly does seem to be moving forward.

Hi, I have recently sent my forms off that you have mentioned. I was a bit anxious about the candidate reference and the exercise reference. I emailed them back to ask about them and they said don't worry they will fill them in themselves. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending