The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

I haven't recieved anything back and my assessment was on the 13th April in leeds, which indicates the results are very sporadic or I've been unsuccessful:/ good luck to everyone though :smile: x
Ah, Capita said they can't make an exception for me. So yeah, that was all a bit of a waste! :frown:
Reply 302
Original post by mikep666
I was sent a text saying I'd passed the assessment centre stage before I'd even went to my interview so I reckon they had a fault there, they said I wouldn't find out until June.

Well, f*ck. I hope that the one I received is not the faulty notification...
Original post by QuietlyConfident
Ah, Capita said they can't make an exception for me. So yeah, that was all a bit of a waste! :frown:

It certainly seems very harsh, tbh the whole recruitment process has just been a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 304
I think we should all expect the final decisions in June, if the text arrives sooner then great but hoping to get that text the next day and not receiving it will keep you feeling negative. At the end of my interview I was told the departments bid for the successful candidates based on overall score and preferences are taken into consideration. Just a quick question for those who brought a signed and dated passport photo, do you have to write down the details of the person who signed the photo or is it just a matter of getting it signed, dated and confirmed that the picture is a true likeness of yourself?
Hi guys, another applicant from the Leeds Centre here. My assessment day was on the 15th of April and I still haven't heard anything back.

I applied for the Digital and Technology, Business Admin and Cyber security roles and was given another test to do just a couple of weeks ago because I had applied for an IT related role.

I would assume they wouldn't waist their time sending out tests to failed assessment centre applicants, but it is a computer marking system, so it's not like they waist much time. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!
As for the Photo ID, I gave them two signed copies from someone I know who is a Civil Servant (Apparently they are accepted as a professional individual) one with his occupation and one without.

If they had a problem I assume they would have let you know on the day or via email. So don't worry about it if not :smile:
Original post by MrDC
I think we should all expect the final decisions in June, if the text arrives sooner then great but hoping to get that text the next day and not receiving it will keep you feeling negative. At the end of my interview I was told the departments bid for the successful candidates based on overall score and preferences are taken into consideration. Just a quick question for those who brought a signed and dated passport photo, do you have to write down the details of the person who signed the photo or is it just a matter of getting it signed, dated and confirmed that the picture is a true likeness of yourself?

I just gave in a photo signed, full name and dated and that's it no other details on it and they didn't ask for anymore so I assumed it was okay :smile:
Has anyone heard about the operational delivery one? I found out I had a provisional offer and all my employment checks have been passed but no idea on a start date yet?
Reply 309
Original post by nutterbutter3005
Has anyone heard about the operational delivery one? I found out I had a provisional offer and all my employment checks have been passed but no idea on a start date yet?

Congratulations on securing a place, I'm still waiting on a decision on mine. I did the Operational Delivery one too. I think you're looking at a September start, that's what the person told me at assessment centre. He also said that some people might be asked to start earlier, depending on which department you get.
Original post by Jid12
Congratulations on securing a place, I'm still waiting on a decision on mine. I did the Operational Delivery one too. I think you're looking at a September start, that's what the person told me at assessment centre. He also said that some people might be asked to start earlier, depending on which department you get.

Thanks! When did you have your assessment centre? I did mine early April. It's just a bit frustrating not having any idea! It said on the vacancy they expected to make formal offers in May :/ also applied for the fast track one but don't think I did well in the centre haha.
Reply 311
Original post by nutterbutter93
Thanks! When did you have your assessment centre? I did mine early April. It's just a bit frustrating not having any idea! It said on the vacancy they expected to make formal offers in May :/ also applied for the fast track one but don't think I did well in the centre haha.

I only did mine last Monday so I'm not expecting to hear back anytime soon. The guy told me we could hear back by end of May early June. You can relax now and wait for them to get back to you.
Which area did you apply in?
Original post by Jid12
I only did mine last Monday so I'm not expecting to hear back anytime soon. The guy told me we could hear back by end of May early June. You can relax now and wait for them to get back to you.
Which area did you apply in?
I applied for longbenton in Newcastle. There were only options for longbenton, peterlee and brierley hill or something on the one I went for! Applied for Newcastle for fast track too and the finance part :smile: how about you? Yeah I hope to hear back about a start date soon!
I'm presuming nobody else heard back this week then? :tongue:
Original post by bmcenturion
Hmm, interesting. I did not have to do any IT related test, I'm not sure why. I'm based in Scotland and according to info posted by Srbd on this thread, I see that candidates accepted into the IT field are obligated to do the test even after their position has been confirmed.

I thought Scotland was only Business Administration. Did you apply for IT somewhere else?
[QUOTE

I thought Scotland was only Business Administration. Did you apply for IT somewhere else?

I applied for IT in Scotland. All frameworks within the fast track apprenticeship scheme are available in Scotland. This information was relayed to us in the assessment center.
Original post by bmcenturion
[QUOTE

I applied for IT in Scotland. All frameworks within the fast track apprenticeship scheme are available in Scotland. This information was relayed to us in the assessment center.

Did you initially apply for Business Admin and then change at the assessment center? I had an assessment center last week but they didn't mention it there.
Original post by paisley10

Did you initially apply for Business Admin and then change at the assessment center? I had an assessment center last week but they didn't mention it there.

I made it clear from the very beginning I was after an IT related role. This message was also repeated at the assessment center during the interview.
Really hoping for some news this week whether I'm even attending an assessment centre or not, it'll be about a month since I completed the online tests now, how long did you all wait once you'd completed the initial online tests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending