The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, the commercial fast track guys have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would most of you think that the waiting list places would now be full - given the probable small number of people that will refuse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by londonkid2015
Would most of you think that the waiting list places would now be full - given the probable small number of people that will refuse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My guess is the we'll stay on the short list until September and there will be a few new places on results day from anyone using it as a back up
Didn't think about results day.... Surely if they were going to process responses from both ends e.g Lowest and Highest scorers at AC - if you've not heard then it's very unlikely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joshsolman
Yeah, the commercial fast track guys have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing commercial and haven't heard back yet!
Guys, just spoke to capita. They do not deal with locations and departments. That's all been handed over to the civil service and they will contact us when ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last week the supervisor at Capita said we wouldnt hear til late this week at the earliest as they only sent the list to the CS on Friday re fast track lists re most of the frameworks.
Emailed them asking when departments and location would be given out, got this:

"Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately the client is still finalising results which we are releasing in batches due to the high volume of candidates to be contacted. We do not have a specific timeframe on when all candidates will be notified, but please keep an eye on your e-mails.

Kind Regards
Civil Service Recruitment Team"

Annoying, could be tomorrow could be another 2 weeks or longer, who knows. Luckily I don't have relocation to sort out, but for the people who do, this must be a nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RyanDavies1
This will be short lived unfortunately, I'm 16

Have you just left school or in first year of college?
Reply 1329
Capita have handed over the names to the civil service departments, however the departments now have to match each name up with the places available in each sub-department, trying to keep everyone's location preference in mind so for example HMRC might have received 20 names that they have to place in departments such as income tax and tax credits (?)trying to keep everyone in their preferred location. People will then be assigned line managers and then the ball can start rolling!

This is why it's such a lengthy process to find out however you have more than likely been assigned a general department already and now we're waiting to be assigned roles. I'm sure we will find out before the end of July, if not sooner.
Original post by srbd
Capita have handed over the names to the civil service departments, however the departments now have to match each name up with the places available in each sub-department, trying to keep everyone's location preference in mind so for example HMRC might have received 20 names that they have to place in departments such as income tax and tax credits (?)trying to keep everyone in their preferred location. People will then be assigned line managers and then the ball can start rolling!

This is why it's such a lengthy process to find out however you have more than likely been assigned a general department already and now we're waiting to be assigned roles. I'm sure we will find out before the end of July, if not sooner.

I don't really mind the waiting for the role and department but a confirmation on the location would be helpful!
Reply 1331
Original post by AFellaW
I don't really mind the waiting for the role and department but a confirmation on the location would be helpful!

I agree however I believe this is the same process with Fast Stream programme - they assign it to you long before they even tell you! The larger departments with more places will probably take longer - although I don't know this for sure.
Nice. Have you heard back yet? When was your AC? I had mine about a month ago now
Hi guys... Need some advice!!! I haven't had any correspondence since my assessment day... Until today when I had a phone call off the CPS saying congrats on the offer I received and that they want me!
The downside is that they don't have anything in my location BUT they have vacancies in every other location. The closest to me is Bristol which is still an hour and a half drive each way... I would consider relocating but my boyfriend has a great job where we live atm so the only feasible option would be moving halfway inbetween both of jobs. And I would LOVE to work within the CPS sooo...
My question is shall I take this offer in bristol or turn it down and wait to see what else is offered to me?
P.s if you haven't heard back theres obviously still hope!!! 😄
Original post by rafanadal
Hi guys... Need some advice!!! I haven't had any correspondence since my assessment day... Until today when I had a phone call off the CPS saying congrats on the offer I received and that they want me!
The downside is that they don't have anything in my location BUT they have vacancies in every other location. The closest to me is Bristol which is still an hour and a half drive each way... I would consider relocating but my boyfriend has a great job where we live atm so the only feasible option would be moving halfway inbetween both of jobs. And I would LOVE to work within the CPS sooo...
My question is shall I take this offer in bristol or turn it down and wait to see what else is offered to me?

Well first off congratulations on the offer! Now I feel as if you've already answered your own question. If you don't take the Bristol job (which is the nearest to you) is it not more probable they'll offer a different location which is further than the Bristol one?

If the distance is going to the biggest factor I would probably take the Bristol job and not risk being offered a role even further away or not be offered a role at all.

Well done!! Perhaps they saw your enthusiasm on the thread 😁. Also good to know they are still handing out offers.
(edited 8 years ago)

Where was your preferred location? I said London to mine but I'm really hoping for Cardiff and I don't know how to ask them to change it to this... Do they call everyone that said various locations?...
Original post by Lucydrysdale
Where was your preferred location? I said London to mine but I'm really hoping for Cardiff and I don't know how to ask them to change it to this... Do they call everyone that said various locations?...

I believe they just call people who they can't fit into their first choice location, and give them different options that are still available
Original post by Dazman0106
Well done!! Perhaps they saw your enthusiasm on the thread 😁. Also good to know they are still handing out offers.

Thank you I really hope you hear something soon!!!! 😊
Reply 1339

Well done!! All that waiting finally paid off!! Did they say what would happen if you turned the offer down?
I would be tempted to just take it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending