The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by Anna1201
Got a letter in the post today with forms to fill out from the Department for Education for security checks, so this must be my department. My location was London, so I assume that's where I will be. I'm doing business admin

Hi Did you get the confirmation email that says you've been assigned to that department? I received the same letter but from DWP so I have the same assumption as you that that's the department I'll be working in.
Original post by NH99
Can u tell us what the salary is?

I think everyone is reluctant to mention the salary but if you search for freedom of information requests sent to all of the departments regarding fast track you'll find the information you need.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Original post by MrDC
Hi Did you get the confirmation email that says you've been assigned to that department? I received the same letter but from DWP so I have the same assumption as you that that's the department I'll be working in.

No I haven't received a confirmation email, just the documents in the post to fill in.
Hey everyone,

I got offered a place on the operational delivery about a month ago, but I haven't heard anything else from them, I have been told I'll be am admin officer in Newcastle and that they will need to do a reference and security check but that's all I've heard.

Been checking my emails constantly for the last month, I rang Capita to get an update and they said that it had all been passed onto the Civil Service and she couldn't give me an exact start date, just to be ready for the first week of September.

I'm really anxious for an update, some communication on the progress, getting paranoid that its going to fall through or something. Anyone else in a similar situation, anyone else had an update after receiving an offer?

Any help is appreciated!
Original post by ZiggyMoff
So who is best to email for info on what's going on?, is it this Jo person or just the regular ras.candidates email address?. As its been a close to a full month now since i accepted the offer (which did mention my role and placement) and have had no contact at all from the department, I'm a little worried.

The last thing i got was this message "Thank you for accepting the offer, Someone will be in contact with you soon to discuss the next stage.", and that was shortly after the 11th of June.

Also, anyone else wondering what will happen (if anything at all) next year for all the people put on the 15k salary due to the minimum wage increase?, do you recon they will keep these people at 15k or adjust the wage up in line with the minimum wage amount increase? (i thin 15k works out around £7.20 an hour anyway).

Exactly the same for me, a little worrying that others have already heard from their departments. Perhaps its taking a while working through all the applicants, but some sort of an update would stop the worrying
Got this about 30 minutes ago in an email.

"Good Morning,

This short email is to let you know that Departments are in the process of getting in touch with successful candidates regarding Apprenticeship start dates and further details surrounding your offer. We realise that you may not have been contacted yet and if that is the case, we want to reassure you that everything is progressing and that you will hear from them over the next few weeks."

Good to have an update on this, i was going to send an email toady, but I'll not bother now.
Did anyone else get that email? I haven't got anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habanna
Did anyone else get that email? I haven't got anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't neither so dont worry! I did see an update on the facebook page from Jo which said she was getting round to replying. Although having said that, I have emailed her twice!:/ hopefully we will hear from our departments midweek!
Original post by ZiggyMoff
Got this about 30 minutes ago in an email.

"Good Morning,

This short email is to let you know that Departments are in the process of getting in touch with successful candidates regarding Apprenticeship start dates and further details surrounding your offer. We realise that you may not have been contacted yet and if that is the case, we want to reassure you that everything is progressing and that you will hear from them over the next few weeks."

Good to have an update on this, i was going to send an email toady, but I'll not bother now.

Iv received the same email this morning!
Hi, I am in exactly the same position, had a conditional offer on 22nd June, for Admin officer in Newcastle and heard nothing since, but I received an email this morning to say I would hear something over the next few weeks. I was beginning to think my offer had been a mistake!
Reply 1550
I have now changed address since i got my offer, does anyone have a number i can contact so i can make sure the forms get sent to the correct address?
Original post by Jord0308
Hi, I am in exactly the same position, had a conditional offer on 22nd June, for Admin officer in Newcastle and heard nothing since, but I received an email this morning to say I would hear something over the next few weeks. I was beginning to think my offer had been a mistake!

I got the same email, I was thinking the same as you! Such a relief to know they are aware of the situation. I'll be sure to post here when I finally here something from the department!
I was offered the business admin apprenticeship in London back on the 4th of June. I've heard nothing since. is anyone in the same boat?
Reply 1553
Original post by HKnight4
I was offered the business admin apprenticeship in London back on the 4th of June. I've heard nothing since. is anyone in the same boat?

Yeh me too, I got a letter from DWP about security checks but no actual confirmation from a department.
I've not even had that. I had no security checks, letters, my referees haven't been contacted. I'm quite worried that my offer was a mistake.
Reply 1555
Original post by lr1990
Yeh me too, I got a letter from DWP about security checks but no actual confirmation from a department.

I got the same letter from DWP, so I called the number on the letter and they confirmed that if the letter is from them then it means you have been assigned to them!
Original post by HKnight4

Yeah me too! Really getting annoying now
Reply 1557
Original post by tarajs
I got the same letter from DWP, so I called the number on the letter and they confirmed that if the letter is from them then it means you have been assigned to them!

Thanks. Maybe I should have done that too. Thanks for sharing that info.
Reply 1558
Original post by lr1990
Thanks. Maybe I should have done that too. Thanks for sharing that info.

Did you receive an email from them saying you should get a letter in the post about disclosure checks? Because I received an email from them about this but not sure if all apprentices received this regardless of whether they had been assigned DWP or not.
Anyone with the DWP in the North West?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending