Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    So i'm currently in my first year of uni and I work part time at a Marketing company. I earn about 200 a week which is clearly over the tax free limit. My question is, is there any way I can have these taxes transferred to my student finance?

    So instead of paying for some random person with tons of kids who sits on her ass doing nothing all day, can I start paying off my student finance with that tax?

    I'm NOT earning over 21k which I know is when student finance usually take their cut,
    I just wanna pay at least a bit of it off before I start working full time

    Sorry if this was confusing! =)

    No of course not. You repay your student loans *in addition* to paying tax, not instead of paying tax.

    You can pay off chunks of your student loan any time you like, via the Student Finance website.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.