Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you do in your breaks from work? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When you're revising for your A2s you obviously need to take short, regular breaks to distract and refresh you. But...what do you do? I've tried watching tv but I always find that I spend more than the allotted time and I never feel very refreshed afterwards. What does everyone else do? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I like to just go for a walk around the block when I'm having a break from uni work. Otherwise sometimes I put on some music and jump/dance around for a bit just to feel like I'm doing something active for a bit instead of sitting at my laptop, or something like a few sit-ups/press-ups/other types of exercise for a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Going out for a short walk is a good idea, singing along to your favourite songs to try take your mind off it, read a chapter of a mind-numbing, cheesy book or just bake. I used to bake on breaks from revising for my A2s as you can knock up some flapjack or cookies relatively quick and then put them in the oven while you do a bit more revision, then when they're ready it's time for another break! Also ensures you keep your energy levels up and have a sufficient supply of unhealthy snacks to help you get through revision. Nothing like the thought of a chocolate brownie to motivate you through revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    I like to just go for a walk around the block when I'm having a break from uni work. Otherwise sometimes I put on some music and jump/dance around for a bit just to feel like I'm doing something active for a bit instead of sitting at my laptop, or something like a few sit-ups/press-ups/other types of exercise for a few minutes.
    (Original post by Annie-96)
    Going out for a short walk is a good idea, singing along to your favourite songs to try take your mind off it, read a chapter of a mind-numbing, cheesy book or just bake. I used to bake on breaks from revising for my A2s as you can knock up some flapjack or cookies relatively quick and then put them in the oven while you do a bit more revision, then when they're ready it's time for another break! Also ensures you keep your energy levels up and have a sufficient supply of unhealthy snacks to help you get through revision. Nothing like the thought of a chocolate brownie to motivate you through revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh, thank you!! These are fantastic ideas-I will definitely use them!!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.