Are these a-levels too hard?is there too much work involved?

Watch
Gracelaura
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Geography, psychology, photography and english literature
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gracelaura)
I can only answer for psychology and geography as I study both and they don't require a massive workload, so no.
theTeddyBearx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
all a-level subjects are hard. i mean, you can't get straight As without putting the work in. it also depends on the individual. it is what you make of the subjects to determine whether they are hard or easy. e.g. if you slack throughout the year on say, geography and do minimal revision, you'll find that as the year progresses, it gets difficult. whereas, if you make consistent notes and keep revising then you'll find that it's easy. i dunno though, but i don't get why people stereotype certain alevel subjects hard and others easy. obviously maths, chem, physics, bio and further maths are hard compared to subjects like media, travel and tourism and etc. but on the whole, NO alevel subject is easy. you cant treat alevels like GCSEs. it's like the workload for 14 GCSE exams = the workload for just half of 1 alevel. this applies to the majority of a-level subjects except for like, art. let that just sink in.
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gracelaura)
I do psychology A2 now and got an A last year and got an A in my mock recently. My board is edexcel. It's not very hard just a lot of studies to memorise and the concepts are easy to understand. I do not do the other 2 but I've heard that English literature is quite hard as see people in school struggle with coursework etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (305)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.53%

Watched Threads