Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So I'm currently doing my AS levels at a sixth form college, these are:
    -AQA English Literature
    -WJEC English Language
    -Edexcel History
    -OCR Philosophy and Ethics

I am hoping to achieve 4 A's this year and be incredibly happy in August when I get my results! Above 90% would be amazing... But the grades I am currently working at are not there yet and some of my mock grades are far off of my goals
    Currently working at:
    -English Lit: B (Mock: B)
    -English Language: C/B (Mock: D)
    -History: B/C (Mock: C)
    -Philosophy and Ethics: A/B (Mock: A)

Any study tips, exam techniques and general advice is welcome!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    This post is to confirm that jill800's grades have been verified! :banana: :banana2: :banana:

ReputationRep:
    My first English Lit coursework on The History Boys is due in tomorrow and I'm feeling more optimistic about it
    At first my teacher gave me a band 3/4 for the draft... After rewriting some of the paragraphs he has now said it can be a band 6!
    I'm really happy about this and I'm just making the conclusion a separate small paragraph at the moment. Although next is my Much Ado About Nothing coursework which is in for next Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today I've been planning for DofE Gold with the route cards, menu, aims and kit check. Now I'm going to attempt to finish off my second Lit coursework if Microsoft office allows me to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This one week half term I'm making it my mission to finish all of my flash cards for Stalin's Russia and get up to date with the ones for Philosophy, Ethics and British Political History - I should've done this already so I literally have no excuses now:/ I'm also going to do smaller cards for my English language terminology to carry around with me (I was advised this). Once I do this it means I can start consistently with past/practise papers for my subjects once I'm back at college and I'll be doing this with my cards and then gradually won't need them - let's motivate each other

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need to update this and what better way than with good news! I got my first English lit A1 question (How is the story told) back on Friday and it was for small island and I got full marks !! 21/21 !! My teacher actually photocopied it and gave it to the rest of the class to read which was embarrassing but I was so elated and still am
    Although now I feel I need to keep up this rep with the other questions we are handing in for homework but it's good because it motivates me to keep putting in effort :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Realistically now I am hoping to get AAAB in August (B in English language...), we have done our April mocks and I got an A in Ethics and A in English Literature so far! I should be getting the other results back next week as well as my moderated English Lit coursework 😬😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Weird looking back at this.

May as well update that I got my AS results two days ago with AABB not too bad. High UMS in English language somehow! The same coursework I was worried about and I got 77/80 for it?!?!? The other A in philosophy and ethics - 95 UMS in the philosophy exam, however I got a B in the ethics exam :/ The B's were in History and English literature unfortunately

Hopefully I can be predicted an a in lit otherwise I may think it worth re-sitting although I'd rather not at the same time as a2
    Dropped history as there was a turn of events with English language being my highest grade so definitely wouldn't drop that - all in all I'm still aiming for Durham and my five uni's. Except st. Andrew's because they say they don't favour students doing two closely related subjects such as lit and language separately because the Scottish system makes students do 3 different subjects with more breadth before choosing one :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 15, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.