Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Moving to back to England soon-ish, need advice and friends! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently living in Spain, as I have been for most of my life. I'm originally british but don't know much about life in the UK. Soo when I finish school here (not sure if it would be equivalent to GCSE'S, im working on it) I'm looking into moving to England next year, possibly around the Leeds area, if I get into the college I want.:confused:
    I'd like to make some friends before I actually go there so I'm not completely alone, I need advice and a helping hand!

Advice on what kind of things? If you go to a college, you will almost definitely make new friends and meet new people, so I wouldn't be worrying about that at this stage

ReputationRep:
    Bring a coat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Actaeon)
    Advice on what kind of things? If you go to a college, you will almost definitely make new friends and meet new people, so I wouldn't be worrying about that at this stage
    I dont know, just stuff. Yes I agree, it's just that I'd be moving just before summer holidays start so i wont be going to college for a couple months.

(Original post by OliviaOlive)
    I dont know, just stuff. Yes I agree, it's just that I'd be moving just before summer holidays start so i wont be going to college for a couple months.
    Well, I wouldn't know much about the differences between English and Spanish cultures, but I think you'll settle in pretty quickly. In some ways it's good you have a couple of months to yourself at the start - I'd take the time to go exploring, go on a few day-trips to different cities, get a feel for where you're living. Enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds. Good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Bring a coat.
    Hah thanks, note taken. Although it's pretty freezing here too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Actaeon)
    Well, I wouldn't know much about the differences between English and Spanish cultures, but I think you'll settle in pretty quickly. In some ways it's good you have a couple of months to yourself at the start - I'd take the time to go exploring, go on a few day-trips to different cities, get a feel for where you're living. Enjoy it!
    Yes that sounds good to me, it's what I plan on doing thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balloon Baboon)
    Leeds. Good choice.
    So I'm told

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Bring a coat.
    And an umbrella 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will doo!

ReputationRep:
    advice on life in Britain or making friends in Britain?

Don't try to make friends here we're all depressing moaning gob****es

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    advice on life in Britain or making friends in Britain?

Don't try to make friends here we're all depressing moaning gob****es
    Haha I'm sure you're not all that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Don't expect it to snow, it's just cold

ReputationRep:
    seriously advice re: Britain or re: making friends?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.