Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :mad: As no doubt many of you will know, UNO have recently introduced a £1 UH Student fare for use on all their buses in Hatfield, which extends according to their website as far as Welwyn Garden City Bus Station, Smallford towards St Albans, Welham Green towards Potters Bar, and The Holwell Roundabout near Essendon. ( see www.unobus.info news section)

As I have noticed myself there have been problems in purchasing this ticket on some routes such as the 607, with some drivers thinking it only valid on the likes of the 602, 653 etc, others knowing its complete availability but unable to find it on the ticket machines. The website is quite clear, it can be bought for use on any bus in Hatfield.

I have been in contact with UNO several times both by `phone and e-mail and told them this is causing much annoyance to both staff and passengers and to rectify the issue.

They have verified that it is valid on all UNO Hatfield services, and I am also assured that they are trying to sort this out. I would suspect there is a software glitch on the ticketing system database.

In the interim if the driver is unable to issue one of the £1 student tickets, ask if it is possible for a £1 fare such as an excess ticket. If he cannot, or will not, do so, ask for a normal £1.70p single ( £2.40p return). Keep your ticket, note of time catching bus and route, then contact UNO either by e-mail ( [email protected]) or `phone ( 01707- 255764)- the phone line is usually open from 7am. Ringing earlier in the morning before the peak hours usually brings an answer : then ask if it`s possible for a credit or refund !

Don`t forget also the threat of drastic cuts to Hertfordshire County Council funded evening and Sunday/Bank Holiday bus services from Sept 2015 is far from over - there is plenty of info. regarding this on the web - just Google in something like " proposed Hertfordshire bus cuts" or such like. In connection with this take a look at routes in the frame and input your views on the consultation document recently released:
    www.hertsdirect.org/busconsult

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.