Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a girl texts a boy everyday, does this mean she has caught feelings?

Girls - do you text any of your male friends everyday?

ReputationRep:
    It could mean that, yes. But she may also just be bored. There's no guarantee it'll lead to sex. She might stop texting you any time, she might friend-zone you... Anything could happen. Don't get your hopes up. Ask her if she wants to have sex with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how frequent the texts are and how long each person is willing to wait for their other half's text.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends told me that it's about clarity of intent, or clarity in general. If you like them, come off as confident in your own emotions and bask in your feelings. Don't pretend, reflect how you are without being soppy or needy.

In general if she's texting you everyday the she is interested in you, but not necessarily into you like that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't talk to my friends everyday, so for me I'd say if I texted a guy everyday it would be because I've caught feelings.

ReputationRep:
    No, not necessarily.

Don't have any.

It depends.

I message one of my guy friends every single day, to the point where I even send him 5 messages in a row with bits and bobs sometimes, but he's gay so that might be slightly different... However I will also talk to a guy daily if he happens to message me daily, so I may not like the guy but I still reply to be polite. With a guy I do like however, I actually avoid initiating messages too often as I don't want to appear clingy.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. There are a couple of guys I speak to daily that I don't have romantic feelings for, they're just good friends. It kind of also depends on what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how she's talking to you and what she's saying. I have two guy friends who I text every day without fail and there's nothing in it at all.

(Original post by acollins_)
    Not necessarily. There are a couple of guys I speak to daily that I don't have romantic feelings for, they're just good friends. It kind of also depends on what you're talking about.
    How to distinguish friendly chat from interest?

(Original post by Icebaker)
    It could mean that, yes. But she may also just be bored. There's no guarantee it'll lead to sex. She might stop texting you any time, she might friend-zone you... Anything could happen. Don't get your hopes up. Ask her if she wants to have sex with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fear of rejection is holding me back. If there was clear interest I would fancy my chances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How to distinguish friendly chat from interest?
    To be honest, it's not that easy to distinguish that, either. I'd tend to say anything kind of sexual would probably be an indicator, but then and again, I joke about stuff sometimes and it doesn't mean I'm interested. Sorry I'm not really helping!

Is she normally the one to message you first?

(Original post by acollins_)
    To be honest, it's not that easy to distinguish that, either. I'd tend to say anything kind of sexual would probably be an indicator, but then and again, I joke about stuff sometimes and it doesn't mean I'm interested. Sorry I'm not really helping!

Is she normally the one to message you first?
    Thanks. It's helpful to know it's not obvious.

She usually messages first. We talk about everyday things, but nothing sexual

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.