Applying for Training Contracts Watch

sharadsm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago

Hey,
I am absolutely confused about applying for training contracts in firms based in London. I am a newly qualified lawyer from India and am pursuing a LLM postgraduate degree at LSE. I expect to complete the degree in 2007 and ideally hope to start a training contract in 2007 or 2008. Since I'm a qualified lawyer, I'm not required to do the LPC or the GLD. I am, however, required to take the QLTT after tow years of work experience. I have no work experience upon qualifying this year, and hence, want to complete a training contract at a good city firm. The problem is most law firms' websites do not specify the procedure for degree holders/LLM students/qualified lawyers to apply for training contracts and when one should apply. Further, most websites specify that one can apply for a training contract starting in 2009 at the earliest. I have called up over twenty law firms and they have all given me unsatisfactory replies.

When should I apply? How should I apply? Is there anyone/place I can contact to get more information on this?

I was hoping someone out there would be in the same boat I'm in or has been in a similar situation and would be kind enough to give me advice on the above.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Sharad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.29%
No - but I will (4)
3.39%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (65)
55.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise