The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kita
wont thta cost mega mega money tho? and ive only got 4 weeks...

depends on the dressmaker.
kita
I know...i wish i had found it earlier to allow plenty of time. DAMMIT!!! i want one just like that tho..and no other dress i find is as nice as that one lol x

where abouts do you live?? cos there is a little shop in Touchwood, Solihull called sonique which has dresses similar to that one...its only a little boutique but they have loads of really lovely stuff....
Reply 22
fighter
Who are you? Lord save me there are too many fecking and useless newbs at that, on UKL. Stop the useless chitchat and enroll at sunday now!

stop resorting to random hate to compensate for your insecurities
Reply 23
DazzYaa7

I don't know why he bothers anymore. Did Ollie get round to deleating that Eltie List of his then.
Reply 24
it is very 'american-prom'... you may feel out of place in it here. (trying to look on the plus side of you not being able to get it! :smile:). people here tend to go for something a little slinkier for black-tie these days... if you wanna go floor length then i'd prob say go for somehting a little straighter, maybe with a little kick at the bottom. think more cocktail-dress than prom-dress. if you wanna go crinoline i'd say something a little below your knees, strapless, and pref vintage is the way to go... ooh, imagine how jealous everyone'd be of your vintage designer find!!?! i managed to find this gorgeous 50s silk dress in a second hand shop a few years back, its by some obscure parisien designer who i have since discovered is quite collectable... cept its lost its little belt-corsage thing so i wont sell it: i'll just keep it forever and ever and ever :smile:
Reply 25
ruthiepoothie
where abouts do you live?? cos there is a little shop in Touchwood, Solihull called sonique which has dresses similar to that one...its only a little boutique but they have loads of really lovely stuff....

im down in kent...dont suppose they have a website do they...
Reply 26
DazzYaa7

The cockroach has spoken! Bugger off. I'll have a word with d about filthy cretins like you lurking on UKL.
kita
im down in kent...dont suppose they have a website do they...

no i don't think so....:frown:
Reply 28
Dude
I don't know why he bothers anymore. Did Ollie get round to deleating that Eltie List of his then.

No. It has proved to be very resourceful but is only available to subscribers.
http://www.theeveningstore.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/welcome.html?E+scstore

ill see if i can find a few more links for you from the uk :smile:
Reply 30
fifi53
it is very 'american-prom'... you may feel out of place in it here. (trying to look on the plus side of you not being able to get it! :smile:). people here tend to go for something a little slinkier for black-tie these days... if you wanna go floor length then i'd prob say go for somehting a little straighter, maybe with a little kick at the bottom. think more cocktail-dress than prom-dress. if you wanna go crinoline i'd say something a little below your knees, strapless, and pref vintage is the way to go... ooh, imagine how jealous everyone'd be of your vintage designer find!!?! i managed to find this gorgeous 50s silk dress in a second hand shop a few years back, its by some obscure parisien designer who i have since discovered is quite collectable... cept its lost its little belt-corsage thing so i wont sell it: i'll just keep it forever and ever and ever :smile:

lol thanx...everyone is going for these sort of dresses. All my friends are like oh my god that is your dress etc...making me want it more lol. I'll bear your advice in mind tho...
I need someone to tell me how pooh it is i think... lol
http://www.eveningdresses.co.uk/enter.html

also- try john lewis as they had some lovely things when i looked in there last- i don't know if there is one near you??
monsoon also have some lovely dresses in at the moment....
Reply 32
fifi53

My formal dress is a black 40's satin Mister K. Ill post pictures as soon as i get around to taking some.
Reply 34
I'm gunna take the pic home and show my mum n everything, see what she says then il have to rip up the picture and never look at it again!!!
Reply 35
kita
lol thanx...everyone is going for these sort of dresses. All my friends are like oh my god that is your dress etc...making me want it more lol. I'll bear your advice in mind tho...
I need someone to tell me how pooh it is i think... lol

Hey Kita...
It is a lovely dress but seeing as it doesn't look like you're gonna get it, I'll tell you that its Poo just to make you feel better...

It's Poo.
Reply 36
marina183
Hey Kita...
It is a lovely dress but seeing as it doesn't look like you're gonna get it, I'll tell you that its Poo just to make you feel better...

It's Poo.

But....but...:frown: its not!!! You said it was lovely! lol :frown:
Reply 38
kita
But....but...:frown: its not!!! You said it was lovely! lol :frown:

lol they probably charge you loads to deliver it to the UK since they know you need it in time..

Latest

Trending

Trending