The Student Room Group

Quick question about admission to Oxbridge.

Let me explain the situation. Lets say I have an ordinarydegree in Biomedical Sciences from a Scottish university. Can I use that to get into Oxbridge to study a full 3-year coursein psychology?
I don’t mean to apply as an affiliated student. That means having already an Honours degree and taking the next degree at Oxbridge in a year less.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nick4478
Let me explain the situation. Lets say I have an ordinarydegree in Biomedical Sciences from a Scottish university. Can I use that to get into Oxbridge to study a full 3-year coursein psychology?
I don’t mean to apply as an affiliated student. That means having already an Honours degree and taking the next degree at Oxbridge in a year less.

You can apply to a mature student college at Cambridge where they are good at identifying non standard routes. You could email one to discuss your situation.
Consider who will pay your fees- you can't usually get help for a second undergrad degree.
Why an ordinary degree not honours? You will need to satisfy them that you are of entrance standard.
There is no Oxbridge university so it would be worth identifying which course at which university appeals. They are quite different.
You can apply for an undergraduate degree if you already have another undergraduate degree yes, if that is your question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending