3)FP2, M2, S2

Help is greatly appreciated.
Original post by captainslow69
Which of the combinations for A2 Further Maths is easiest:
1)FP2, M2, M3
2)FP2, FP3, M2
3)FP2, M2, S2

Help is greatly appreciated.

It depends on which board you're on and where your strengths and interests lie.
Reply 2
I've just finished learning moth M3 and FP3. The vectors in FP3 suck but overall I think FP3 is easier than M3. It depends on your interests and strengths really.
Original post by Idomaths
I've just finished learning moth M3 and FP3. The vectors in FP3 suck but overall I think FP3 is easier than M3. It depends on your interests and strengths really.

It depends completely on the board.

I'm with AQA and have finished:
C1-4, FP1-4, M1, S1-2, D1-2.
I'm doing M2 in class and I'll probably start on M3 soon.
I'm on the edexcel exam board. I've heard from most people that M3 and FP3 are really hard, but i really do enjoy mechanics and I'm not really into further pure maths and I really hate statistics, I find it really tedious. That said my teachers have said that the FP2, M2 and S2 route is easier, and that people who have taken other routes in the past have failed. Just wanted to know what your opinions were on this.
Original post by captainslow69
I'm on the edexcel exam board. I've heard from most people that M3 and FP3 are really hard, but i really do enjoy mechanics and I'm not really into further pure maths and I really hate statistics, I find it really tedious. That said my teachers have said that the FP2, M2 and S2 route is easier, and that people who have taken other routes in the past have failed. Just wanted to know what your opinions were on this.

The C1-4, FP1-2, D1-2, M1-2, S1-2 route is supposed to be the easiest, those are the modules that get taught at my college, so they are my first 12 modules. It really depends on how good you are at pure/mechanics/stats, though, you could switch out one of M2 or S2 with the other applied 3 module or take pure modules instead.
I love pure and mechanics, but I'm not so strong on the stats, so I self-studied FP3-4 and am thinking of doing M3.
Option 3 looks the 'easiest' if you're not mechanically inclined. I was also on Edexcel, and I went for FP2/S3/S4 for A2 FM.
S2 is fairly straightforward and I prefer teaching it to S1.

Quick Reply

Latest