Psychology AS Watch

aliciaweaver99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How hard is psychology AS, will it take up a lot of time as a 4th as along with bio, chem, and maths. I would need an a at AS as i plan on doing medicine, but need to focus mainly on other 3.
Claros
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aliciaweaver99)
How hard is psychology AS, will it take up a lot of time as a 4th as along with bio, chem, and maths. I would need an a at AS as i plan on doing medicine, but need to focus mainly on other 3.
Do you know what exam board the college you want to go to uses? I take OCR psychology and while it doesn't take much to understand the topics themselves you will need to dedicate a large chunk of time to consolidating as there is a lot to remember.
aliciaweaver99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Claros)
Do you know what exam board the college you want to go to uses? I take OCR psychology and while it doesn't take much to understand the topics themselves you will need to dedicate a large chunk of time to consolidating as there is a lot to remember.

yeah it's aqa a! so it's mostly memory based?
Claros
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aliciaweaver99)
yeah it's aqa a! so it's mostly memory based?
I'm not familiar with how AQA A Psychology works, but I assume it would be learning about different theories, remembering them and possibly applying them to different situations.
Tarims
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Psychology AS is fairly easy to understand its just remembering the info and how to answer questions
oswalds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I take AQA A Psychology, and I know it is changing next year , but I find it to be the least demanding out of all my subjects. For AS with AQA A you have unit 1 with memory, attachments and research methods, and then unit 2 with social influence, stress and abnormality. There is much less work for it compared to my other subjects, History, English Literature and Philosophy.
EmmaZombie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seconding the answer above me. Most people I know had a harder time with science subjects, but psychology goes nicely with them and vice versa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.91%
No (223)
94.09%

Watched Threads