This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
with all the new (piss-easy) modules available like Decision it is so possible to do triple maths but hardly anyone does it. What a shame
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
im doing triple maths its piss easy.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I did P1 - P3 M1 -M3 and am going to do P4 - P6 and M4 - M6 (FMath). Im also doing S1 S2 and D1 D2. Whats that Quadraple math??????????????
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
I did P1 - P3 M1 -M3 and am going to do P4 - P6 and M4 - M6 (FMath). Im also doing S1 S2 and D1 D2. Whats that Quadraple math??????????????
No its 18 modules. I'm doing:

Mech 1 to mech 6
Stats 1 to stats 3 and stats 5
Pure 1 to Pure 6
Numerircal methods and D1
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Double maths is maths and further maths right? wats triple maths? is there a quadraple maths?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
No its 18 modules. I'm doing:

Mech 1 to mech 6
Stats 1 to stats 3 and stats 5
Pure 1 to Pure 6
Numerircal methods and D1
dude, and you call yourself a mathematician...! (6 + 6 + 4 = 16..not 18)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
dude, and you call yourself a mathematician...! (6 + 6 + 4 = 16..not 18)

6+6+4+2=18
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
dont be stupid

6 Pure
6 Mechanics
2 Statitics
2 Decision

Hence 6+6+2+2=16

Fool
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
dont be stupid

6 Pure
6 Mechanics
2 Statitics
2 Decision

Hence 6+6+2+2=16

Fool
To get three A Levels in maths, you need 18 modules.

YES someone ELSE is doing 16 but

I am doing:

Mech 1-6
Pure 1-6
Stats 1,2,3 and 5
and Numerical Methods and Decision and Discrete 1

If you add that up (if u can) it comes to 18 = 3 A levels in maths

god some people can be slow
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey I am doing the guy who posted about the 16 modules. I forgot to tell that I was planning to sit P1 twice more to make up the 18 modules. Is this allowed? or will I have to sit another two more Stats modules?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey I am doing the guy who posted about the 16 modules. I forgot to tell that I was planning to sit P1 twice more to make up the 18 modules. Is this allowed? or will I have to sit another two more Stats modules?

you are even more stupid than the guy who can't count!!! Of course not. I am talking about another A level!! You can't get an A Level by resitting the same module over and over
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You can't get an A Level by resitting the same module over and over
Nor can you get 1 by sitting extra modules!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
god and you call yourselves mathematicians taking further maths and all that, what a load of bull.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Christ well personally I'll be happy with a good grade in my SINGLE maths A level. Yup, just the 6 modules I'm afraid.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Nor can you get 1 by sitting extra modules!
3 A Levels in Maths
could be either Maths/ Further Maths/ Further Maths (Additional)
OR A Levels in "pure maths"/"statistics"/"mechanics"
OR A Levels in "Pure maths"/Applied maths/further applied maths

I'm doing the first one. An you should get a qualification called AS Further maths (additional) if you are doing 15 modules (including P4)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
HaHa, sitting P1 twice wud make a total of 17, u r one funny guy, if i were you id go for heximaths all 36 modules, u sound like a top guy!
gurzyb
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Hi guys.

lol i actually caused a bit of controversy over my maths modules, basically my school is on OCR-A which only has 16 modules I think - hence you can only get 2 complete A-Levels in maths.

I decided to embark upon starting a further maths course during my AS year (which I'm now 2 weeks away from ending, my exams all done) and looked at the possibility of stemming to 3 complete A levels.

I wanted to go with Edexcel (cos the work is very similar to OCR, and the exams are ALL 1 hour 30) but they had coursework on S3 and S6 after I wrote a letter, so I decided to change to AQA-B last minute b4 the March deadline (they actually have 23 modules, one more and it'd be 4 A-Levels :P). Btw i know OCR-B (MEI) let you do 4 A levels, but i don't like doing coursework so I guess that option's out.....

I'm aiming to do:-

P1-P7
M1-2 and M4-6 (not M3 basically)
S1-S3, S5, S7, 8 (For a Statistics A-Level)

Just so you know, some of the OCR Further Maths student at my school are doing their P4, and my AQA-B P4 still has work from the OCR P2 on it, such as the Binomial Expansions and Growth&Decay

So I guess AQA-B spread their modules out a lot more, so you get an extra A-Level for the same amount of work effectively.....

I'm still completing it, so if any guys have any comments about it get back to me
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You think this combination will work

M1 - M6
P1 - P6
D1 -2
S1 - 4

(well thats 18)
gurzyb
Report 16 years ago
If it did, only on Edexcel or MEI I think.

I had a look at the syllabus, and basically OCR-A and Edexcel are pretty laid back about what modules you do, as long as you do "one of xxxx modules" etc.

AQA-B (which I'm on) has only fixed courses you can take, I've already outlined the ones I'm doing.

One of the problems with doing 18 modules is that most exam boards only let you do "Maths, Further Maths and Statistics" - ie. the stats modules have to be separate, but they might allow D1/D2 to be a part of that.

On MEI you can get "Maths, Further Maths, Further Maths (Additional)" which, needless to say, probably doesnt mean you need to do all 6 Stats modules. But you need to do coursework on MEI; also you can get a 4th A-level on MEI.

Also beware that Edexcel S3 has coursework, as do their S6.

Check out http://www.edexcel.org and http://www.ocr.org for more info.
gurzyb
Report 16 years ago
http://www.edexcel.org.uk and http://www.ocr.org.uk

Missed out the .uk
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads