The Student Room Group

A2 Chemistry very slow and tedious

I wanted to ask others who do A2 Chemistry whether or not they have found that Chemistry this year has been taught at quite a slow rate.
Reply 1
Which exam board do you doing?

Are you being taught the specification in order? If so, where are you up to?

if you aren't going in order, which units have you done, so far?
Reply 2
I'm about to start the last modules for both F324 and F325. We'd have probably covered about a quarter of the content in the last modules already, but due to weather our mocks were postponed and so we've just been revising previous content.
Reply 3
I'm on OCR A and we've just finished F325, having done that one first.
Reply 4
F324 is designed to take Sept - Dec with time for a bit of revision in the last weeks of Dec/first week of Jan, to fit in with the old modules. Which means you got Feb-May with time for a bit of revision.

Sounds like you're going at a perfectly sensible pace.

The other issue is whether you've done plenty of assessed tasks. If you've hardly done any, then you may be going too slow.
Reply 5
I disagree. I have always been of the opinion you should get through the corse as quickly as possible (within reason), and use the left over time to do exam technique.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Put yourself in the shoes of other people on your course who, if forced to go faster might think the class is going far too fast and can't cope. You both can't win.

You could consider reading ahead in your book? Or reading around the subject and learning some chemistry not on the OCR A spec.? Have a look at the OCR B or the Cambridge Pre. U. specs. to give you a few ideas. Alternatively, there are plenty of books people will recommend: most suggest "Why Chemical Reactions Happen", I really like "Chemistry3".
AQA is pretty good....we have nearly finished Unit 5 and half way through unit 4

Quick Reply

Latest