Information Technology Management for Business at MBSWatch
Business Database+Applications Design and Development
Business IT Architecture
Business Process Modeling
Introduction to Computer Systems
More about the University of Manchester
Business Database Design and Development
- The role of information in an organisation
- Fundamentals of information management
- The database environment
- The relational model
- Database manipulation and retrieval: Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Database design using UML class diagrams
Business Application Design and Development
Introduction to Software Development and the Software Engineering Process
* The system development lifecycle
* Application development methods & techniques
* Modelling notations
Business Application Development
* Introduction to Programming for Business Applications
* Application development frameworks
* Program Design, Programming Structures and Abstractions
* Implementing Modules and Functions
Business IT Architecture
- Introduction to IT Architecture
- IT Architecture Processes, Activities and Roles
- Qualities & Constraints in IT Architecture
- Sizing IT Architectures
- Security in IT Architectures
- Methods and Reference Architectures in IT Architecture Development
- IT Architecture in Practice (Case Study Workshop)
- Advanced Topics in IT Architecture
Business Process Modelling
- Introduction to Business Process Management, using contemporary information and communication technology (ICT) for business transformation;
- Information Systems and Competitive Strategy, IS High-Level Problem Modelling;
- Enterprise Modelling: role in Process Transformation and Multi-perspective Modelling Frameworks;
- Models, Modelling Components and Modelling Techniques for business analysis and design;
- Business Process Modelling with BPMN;
- Methods and Methodologies for Developing Supporting IS;
- Service-Oriented Architecture Models for contemporary digital enterprises.
Introduction to Business Information Systems
The first part of the course looks at the transformations in contemporary organisations and the strategic and operational decisions in managing IS in organisations. In particular, we shall see how some organisations have centred themselves around their information systems and highlight critical issues in the debates regarding the use of information technologies in organisations including the competitive advantage they may provide. The second part of the course provides a view of state-of-the-art enterprise systems applications, and social networking and Web 2.0 tools and discusses how they are integrated into business life and used to improve organisational performance. The third part focuses on green IS/IT and green business practices and sustainability.
I actually read what those mean in MBS's website but did not quite catch it.
Many thanks bro!
I tried looking on the MBS website but I couldn't find a detailed list of the course units. The info I posted is from the central module database for which you need a UoM user account to access so I can't link you to it, unfortunately.
Information Management and Business Analytics
Thank you in advance!