The Student Room Group

How many languages can you speak?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDIOSYNCRASY.
Ik ook ben in Nederland geboren Amsterdam om precies te zijn. Ik ben Somalisch en heb eigelijk paar Somalische Nederlanders ontmoet hier and daar maar ze zijn aleen daar geboren en spreeken het niet. Mijn Nederlands begint heel erg zwak te worden jij bent niet de eenige hoor :lol: Ben je een student in Sheffield? Ik solliciteerde voor architectuur did jaar in Sheffield got an offer so might come and study there soon!

Gaaf! Ben je naar brum gegaan met jou familie of gewoon om te studieren? Ja ik studier in Sheffield, het is best gaaf hier maar er zijn zo veel rot heuvels het is moeilijk voor mensen zoals ons die gewend aan platte land zijn haha :P Anders denk ik dat je het echt zal leuk vinden, de Arts Tower is de beste gebouw ter wereld!!
English
Turkish

I know a little German.Also I'd love to learn Italian.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 62
ok.... Czech, Italian, English, Spanish, Slovak, A bit of German, Russian and Upper Lusatian. Is that enough guys?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 63
Only 2 so far :frown: Polish and English.

Planning to learn French and Korean starting this year. (Korean as a personal interest and French leading up to and starting properly at uni - hopefully)

Then planning to go on to Japanese and Chinese and then German and Spanish, and probably Italian.

Also I need to learn the Cyrillic alphabet as I feel like that's the only thing stopping me from finally grasping Russian.

The list probably won't stop there, polyglotism is goalssss

btw have you heard about Tim? the 17yo polyglot who can speak 20 languages? if not, youtube him, he's awesome.
(edited 9 years ago)
Fluent in English and French and can speak some Latin
Reply 65
English
Gujarati
Hindi
Urdu
Burmeese
Basic Arabic
Original post by alexschmalex
Gaaf! Ben je naar brum gegaan met jou familie of gewoon om te studieren? Ja ik studier in Sheffield, het is best gaaf hier maar er zijn zo veel rot heuvels het is moeilijk voor mensen zoals ons die gewend aan platte land zijn haha :P Anders denk ik dat je het echt zal leuk vinden, de Arts Tower is de beste gebouw ter wereld!!

ja, met mijn familie. ik ook moest effe aan deze landscap wennen, up en neer up en neer :laugh: maar het valt best wel mee na een tijdje. Hoop dat ik het naar mijn zin krijg daaro, kan echt niet wachten!! Ik wens je veel geluck in jouw study :yes:
Reply 68
English and some French.

I want to learn Russian though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
English, Spanish, French and learning Mandarin through a native speaker and apps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
English (UK)
English (US) some..
English (Yorkshire) some..

Then there are about 17 different languages relating to crystals.
مرحبا، يا أصدقائي. ويسعدني أن أقول إنني بطلاقة في المصرية العربية
안녕, 친구. 나는 한국어를 유창하게 구사 오전 말할 기쁘게 생각합니다.
One. Only English :P

I hated languages during GCSE's. I found it hard/boring and it was predominantly a place where people who were originally from that place flourished, and they received all the credit/guidance.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Are you fluent in Punjabi?

Yes, I even write and read it too.
Original post by meenu89
Yes, I even write and read it too.

Won't let me rep, but fair play, impressive.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
مرحبا، يا أصدقائي. ويسعدني أن أقول إنني بطلاقة في المصرية العربية

جيد! انت من المصرين؟ انا اتكلم يمني عربي/ فصحى
Polish(my first language)n and English(my second language)

I did German GCSE in school and did pretty good in it imo but would still love to learn this language properly so that i could speak it fluently. I would also like to learn French and Spanish.

Some people are naturally good at learning languages hence why some are a polygot.
Original post by 1501
Only 2 so far :frown: Polish and English.

Planning to learn French and Korean starting this year. (Korean as a personal interest and French leading up to and starting properly at uni - hopefully)

Then planning to go on to Japanese and Chinese and then German and Spanish, and probably Italian.

Also I need to learn the Cyrillic alphabet as I feel like that's the only thing stopping me from finally grasping Russian.

The list probably won't stop there, polyglotism is goalssss

btw have you heard about Tim? the 17yo polyglot who can speak 20 languages? if not, youtube him, he's awesome.
Ahhh....a Polish fellow:smile:
English
French (but I hate speaking it, don't mind reading it though)
Romanian (first language)
Spanish (first year learning it, so far it's been quite easy for me)
(MSA) Arabic (second year learning it)

Quick Reply

Latest