The Student Room Group

being kick out of house, 19y old collage student (advice/help NEEDED)

so, I am 19 years old student,(i am polish but lives in the uk btw) and i will be kick out from my parents house today (prbably after i will back from college, i wont be able to access the home anymore at all, i heard them talking about it). So here is my story. I was kicked out once earlier, becore of my behaviour and interest (anime, manga, computers, they hate it) and they trying to fight me which result was that they told the police i assult them (such bull****) they did it to have a reason to kicjk me out. So i lived about 6 moths in "the foyer" they help homeless people aged 15-18 i think, so i had place to live, study, etc. After this 6 month they persuade me somew how to back to thier home (i didnt want to but i missed my family) . And now, again they started to be rude agaist me, i amwas also cursing and to them a lot, thry were pissing me of. Yeasterday i had little fight with my fathe he took away from me my phone and internet router ( i am paying for them, lol) and didnt want to give them back to me for some reason, so we pushing each other and cursing , anranrdand my mother recorded it, from other room (again they wanted to have some evidence to show how agressive i am. I heard them talking tonigh about not letting me enter the house after i will back from callege, call the police then, etc. I don't know what to do. Honestly, i dont want to be homeless, i have really good grades at college, but because of my parents i started to missing a lot of college this year, so i am afraid they can kick me out as well. What shoupd i do? I know that the foyer thing will not take me there again..
(edited 9 years ago)
Why do your parents loathe your choice of entertainment so much? I'm not sure what would be good for you but I wouldn't want to stay there.
Reply 2
Original post by Protégé
Why do your parents loathe your choice of entertainment so much? I'm not sure what would be good for you but I wouldn't want to stay there.

I have no idea why. They are saying things like "stop watching this ****. It for kids and you are 19!" they hate it so much now for some reason now, but they were okay with that like year ago, i think they just want to piss me off.
I didnt want.to go back to thier house. people at foyer told me that they will find me a new house, etc. But then my parents start to sendind me a messages and telling me how badly they are missing me, love me, etc...and i gave up of living on my own, cause i really though they changed...but they didn't
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by polish_guy
I have no idea why. They are saying things like "stop watching this ****. It for kids and you are 19!" they hate it so much now for some reason now, but they were okay with that like year ago, i think they just want to piss me off.
I didnt want.to go back to thier house. people at foyer told me that they will find me a new house, etc. But then my parents start to sendind me a messages and telling me how badly they are missing me, love me, etc...and i gave up of living on my own, cause i really though they changed...but they didn't

how did it turn out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
so, I am 19 years old student,(i am polish but lives in the uk btw) and i will be kick out from my parents house today (prbably after i will back from college, i wont be able to access the home anymore at all, i heard them talking about it). So here is my story. I was kicked out once earlier, becore of my behaviour and interest (anime, manga, computers, they hate it) and they trying to fight me which result was that they told the police i assult them (such bull****) they did it to have a reason to kicjk me out. So i lived about 6 moths in "the foyer" they help homeless people aged 15-18 i think, so i had place to live, study, etc. After this 6 month they persuade me somew how to back to thier home (i didnt want to but i missed my family) . And now, again they started to be rude agaist me, i amwas also cursing and to them a lot, thry were pissing me of. Yeasterday i had little fight with my fathe he took away from me my phone and internet router ( i am paying for them, lol) and didnt want to give them back to me for some reason, so we pushing each other and cursing , anranrdand my mother recorded it, from other room (again they wanted to have some evidence to show how agressive i am. I heard them talking tonigh about not letting me enter the house after i will back from callege, call the police then, etc. I don't know what to do. Honestly, i dont want to be homeless, i have really good grades at college, but because of my parents i started to missing a lot of college this year, so i am afraid they can kick me out as well. What shoupd i do? I know that the foyer thing will not take me there again..

sorry to hear this and hope things work out for you.

Btw I can speak Polish too.
Reply 5
Everything is okay right now, big thanks for everyone who pm'ed me and helped me :biggrin:
Reply 6
Everything is okay right now, big thanks for everyone who pm'ed me and helped me :biggrin:

Just a tip for the future Lol
Buy a membership at a 24 hour gym if you get kicked out next time
You'll be able to shower, get changed etc lol
Reply 7
Enjoy your lazy life as long as you can live with your parents. From what you said your behavior is clearly unacceptable. Next time make sure you do what your parents ask you and stop being lazy watching your animes and other crap. You're 19, get out of the house sometimes.

You say that you thought they had changed, but really you must examine yourself. Ask yourself, "have I changed? What have I done in order to accommodate both my parents wishes as well as my own wants and needs."

Something that you have to remember when living with your parents at that age, is that they expect you to provide them with some degree of respect. If they ask you to stop watching anime, I would tell them that you're not going to (in a nice way), but are really willing to decrease the amount you watch it. Help around the house maybe, show that you appreciate the fact that you are a family unit again. The pressure on you to do this and do that will decrease a good amount if you show them how proactive you are.

It is unfair that they took away your router and other stuff because if you bought it, it shouldn't be something they should be able to do. But, you're living under their roof so you must abide by their rules in order to have freedom in the house. You have no other choice now but to change if you want to keep that roof over your head.

Or, find a new place to live and leave. But it would be better to leave on good terms rather than bad, so see if you could let your relationship with your parents heal before leaving.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, good luck with the future. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest