Has anyone known an asexual person? Watch

bright-eyes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
It may sound weird but do you know anyone who claims to be asexual? I know it means someone who doesn't get sexually aroused by people or things but how common is it? Is it just a phase or do people actually feel this way.
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nope..never heard of it before
Louenn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know two chaps who seem to fit into that category, but that could just be my interpretation of their refusal to flirt back. (Why is it always the ones I fancy?)
sssh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't know anyone who's asexual or if anyone would admit it or talk about it; in a sense, it's now one of the weirdest sexual identities you can have. It's much more shocking or rather, stranger, to come out as asexual than gay because I think people would find it very difficult to understand.

Apparently asexual people exist, but I've only ever read about it.
sssh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Louenn)
I know two chaps who seem to fit into that category, but that could just be my interpretation of their refusal to flirt back. (Why is it always the ones I fancy?)
Haha...just because they don't fancy you it doesn't mean they're asexual!
egg_soup
Report 12 years ago
i thought only slugs were asexual?
ForumFreak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I suppose a lot of Priests and Nuns must be like this
beecher
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I turn people asexual with a medusa-like gaze.
Speleo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I turn people asexual with a medusa-like gaze.
You're that ugly!?

CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by egg_soup)
i thought only slugs were asexual?
The OP doesn't mean people who reproduce with themselves. (If you're joking ignore me)

There's a lad I know/knew and I've often wondered if he was asexual. He's never been interested in anyone, male or female, not even celebrities. I could be wrong but it is something I've thought about a couple of times.
Botticello
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well yes, they do exist, but they're obviously not very common. I'm not sure what causes it, but its obviously not natural as we would never reproduce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^^By not natural you mean "the norm" don't you?
BJ-Dubois
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ForumFreak)
I suppose a lot of Priests and Nuns must be like this
Not enough, especially in the Catholic Church. A lot of priests are peadophiles and most nuns join the convent in the first place to have lesbian liasons. That's just my opinion though.
Botticello
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Segat1)
^^By not natural you mean "the norm" don't you?
Not really, I mean biologically its wrong
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
I think i am asexual because i dont get turned on by men or women. I prefer playing computer games and watching tv.
BJ-Dubois
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think i am asexual because i dont get turned on by men or women. I prefer playing computer games and watching tv.
No, you're just 11 years old.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PurpleSnow)
How? Asexuals are capable of having sex and reproducing. They just choose not to get jiggy cos it doesn't do it for them.
egg_soup
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BJ-Dubois)
No, you're just 11 years old.
hahahah!!!!!
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Biologically, asexuality is wrong? As Segat1 pointed out, they have the biological ability to have sex and reproduce, therefore there's nothing biologically wrong about it :p:

I'm not sure what causes it, but its obviously not natural as we would never reproduce
This is along the same lines of the threads I've seen recently that were asking if homosexuality and bisexuality were "natural"...
Heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality are all natural, so why should asexuality be any different? Just because it's fairly uncommon doesn't mean it's not natural :rolleyes:
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BJ-Dubois)
Not enough, especially in the Catholic Church. A lot of priests are peadophiles and most nuns join the convent in the first place to have lesbian liasons. That's just my opinion though.
I've seen a lot of people in H&R trying to cause trouble, but you're not even good at it. Please leave quietly. :rolleyes:

And vegetarians are biologically wrong because they object to eating meat, despite having the necessary enzymes in their digestive system to digest meat, and despite the fact that most people do it.

To clarify, asexuals only don't want sex. They (often) do want relationships.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads