Turn on thread page Beta

can someone show me how to use bittorrent? watch

ReputationRep:
    i heard alot of good thigns about it and peopel say its better than kazaa, can soemone show me how to use it?

ReputationRep:
    oh , i found it too confusing! But kazaa is just shite at the mo - may have to *gulp* buy music!!! AHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    oh , i found it too confusing! But kazaa is just shite at the mo - may have to *gulp* buy music!!! AHHHHHHHHH! :eek:
    yeah i know!, i dont understand how it works..kazaa was really simple to use..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    Ares is a good substitute for Kazaa. Bittorrent just bugs me....everyone raves about how good it is....but it just hasn't worked for me....i had a bunch of downloads which just stopped halfway through!

How Bittorrent works:
    You download a bittorrent program like ABC. You go to websites such as suprnova.org and click on the link to what you want. It will now appear in you ABC program as a torrent. It then downloads bit by bit to a folder of your choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musiq)
    Ares is a good substitute for Kazaa. Bittorrent just bugs me....everyone raves about how good it is....but it just hasn't worked for me....i had a bunch of downloads which just stopped halfway through!

How Bittorrent works:
    You download a bittorrent program like ABC. You go to websites such as suprnova.org and click on the link to what you want. It will now appear in you ABC program as a torrent. It then downloads bit by bit to a folder of your choice!
    oh right, i think i did all that but the download just doesnt start!! :mad:!! so annoying

ReputationRep:
    basically it's a file sharing program right. So the other people will have to be online for it to download. Try downloading something very popular. If it's still not working, it could be a firewall problem (maybe! i'm not a computer genius....it's just what i've been told before!!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musiq)
    basically it's a file sharing program right. So the other people will have to be online for it to download. Try downloading something very popular. If it's still not working, it could be a firewall problem (maybe! i'm not a computer genius....it's just what i've been told before!!).
    hey thanks, but i think i need some proper help like instructions..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    hey thanks, but i think i need some proper help like instructions..
    http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/1.html

http://www.monduna.com/bt/faq.html#BASIC_7 (this is better i think)

for bittorrents...start here...many more tho...
    http://www.monduna.com/topics/bittorrents.html

ive just d/l bittorent last night, comfusing to say the least:confused: got an episode of 24 d/ling but its stopped d/ling!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    WinMX is the way to go

ReputationRep:
    you download a small .torrent file which hold information about where you can download the file you want. You double click the .torrent program (assuming youve got bittorrent or another client) the program will load and you choose a directory where you want to save the file, then you download the actual file through the bittorrent program. As you download it, people get parts of the file off you aswell. A good place for torrents is: http://www.suprnova.org , and for the bittorrent client: www.bittorrent.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa7)
    WinMX is the way to go
    thanks matt! its really confusing init?

dazz, but thats teh same as kazaa?? i've tried it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revelation)
    you download a small .torrent file which hold information about where you can download the file you want. You double click the .torrent program (assuming youve got bittorrent or another client) the program will load and you choose a directory where you want to save the file, then you download the actual file through the bittorrent program. As you download it, people get parts of the file off you aswell. A good place for torrents is: http://www.suprnova.org , and for the bittorrent client: www.bittorrent.com
    yes i've done that, but it downloads really quickly!! and dont ask me where the file is saved, so i cant find it!?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?
    It is hard to follow, but this thread tells you enough to get started. I have now begun some downloads, but it is a bit slow and people can flood your bandwith with uploads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    It is hard to follow, but this thread tells you enough to get started. I have now begun some downloads, but it is a bit slow and people can flood your bandwith with uploads.
    oh right...at the moment it dont really sound that good.

does it resume?

ReputationRep:
    Only if enough "seeds" are out there.

ReputationRep:
    i heard alot of good thigns about it and peopel say its better than kazaa, can soemone show me how to use it?
    I could, but then I would have to kill you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I could, but then I would have to kill you.
    can you show me without killing me?...

ReputationRep:
    uninstall bittorrent and use bittornado instead - in can give you faster DL speed.

http://bittornado.com/download.html

The usage is simple, basically you download small .torrent file. Save as or Open.

If you choose save as you must double click on the file. It then acts as a shortcut for networking you with other peoples. Select a directory you want to save the files in.

Please note that more 'seeds' there are for the file, the faster the downloading speed will be.

When there's enough 'seed' to offer quick download, you must be active/contributing on the uploading of the section you already downloaded to other people, in order to gain/maintain a decent downloading speed.

One last thing..

Bittorrent = kazaa + winmx X 2 (for downloading animes anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa7)
    WinMX is the way to go
    i can never download stuff out of winmx coz im always on the queue

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.