The Student Room Group

Irwin Mitchell Video Interview

Just got an email saying I have been invited to do a video interview for Irwin Mitchell, I have never done this sort of interview before :frown: any tips? what sort of questions will they ask me?

Really nervous, so any help will be appreciated, thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep I've had that e-mail too and have never done this either! Do you know if the video interview has replaced the phone interview, or is it just a preliminary stage, after which, if successful, you'll undergo a phone interview?
Reply 2
I think this has replaced the phone interview :smile: next stage is the assessment stage
Reply 3
brilliant! how do you know that btw?
Reply 4
PS I think it'll just be 3-4 competency based questions!
Reply 5
I've read it online somewhere. Yeah I've heard 4 competency questions. Just wanted some tips on how to answer the questions.
Reply 6
I've got this also! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
For all of you who have had interview offers, well done! I was just wondering which office/stream did you apply to and when? I applied for the PLS stream in Manchester at the beginning of December and still haven't heard anything.
Reply 8
Bristol PLS :smile: I only submitted my application last week
Reply 9
Manchester PLS for me :smile:
Cambridge PLS, but I don't think that everything now rides on how good your video interview is as I had the telephone interview in the summer for the TC and knew exactly every question which came up from looking up all previous IM telephone questions and still did not get through to the AC. If seems to me that the graduate recruitment team will review your online application again after your video interview.
Reply 11
Not sure what you mean. Have you done the interview? Is it the same as the phone one, but you have a time limit to answer. I'm dreading it tbh.
Reply 12
How everyone! I'm doing mine on Friday. Hoping for the best! Good luck x
Reply 13
*hi, not how argh lol
Reply 14
If anyone has already completed their video interview, I just want to know how many minutes do we have to answer each question? Thanks
My house mate had a similar thing but for bird and bird and apparently it's 15 seconds to read the question and 2 minutes to answer, there are practice questions you can do before
Reply 16
Original post by jessicaenelle
My house mate had a similar thing but for bird and bird and apparently it's 15 seconds to read the question and 2 minutes to answer, there are practice questions you can do before

Thanks Jessica!
Reply 17
Oh on the practice interview it's 30secs to read the question. 15 seems a bit short, are they all competency based? I'm worried about doing it and my neighbours making noise.
Reply 18
Original post by repox
Oh on the practice interview it's 30secs to read the question. 15 seems a bit short, are they all competency based? I'm worried about doing it and my neighbours making noise.

Yes, I heard that they are all competency based questions. And apparently you will get about 4 questions. Lol I need to find somewhere quiet in my house, preferably when everyone is out.
Reply 19
Original post by KatieTheFish
For all of you who have had interview offers, well done! I was just wondering which office/stream did you apply to and when? I applied for the PLS stream in Manchester at the beginning of December and still haven't heard anything.

I applied for PLS in Manchester on deadline day and got an email about a video interview on the 3rd Feb

Quick Reply

Latest