Turn on thread page Beta

Will you give donations to your university? watch

ReputationRep:
    The Thomas Report recommends that Universities improve their alumni relations and generate more revenue from voluntary donations.

http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...215282,00.html

Would you make regular donations to your university in the future?

ReputationRep:
    LSE already raises a lot of money through alumni donations. One of my friends actually works for the onsite call centre- she calls alumni around the world to ask for donations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    The Thomas Report recommends that Universities improve their alumni relations and generate more revenue from voluntary donations.

http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...215282,00.html

Would you make regular donations to your university in the future?
    a lot would depend on how well off i am of course. but i'd like to think i'd give something back, even if it's only a little.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how well off/generous I'm feeling when I'm older, and how much nasty stuff the government does to mess up Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly would. My College in Oxford do this already. Most do, especially with Gaudys and the like....

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.