dlagan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody accepted for Social Work at Northumbria to start in Sept.

Do you know the start date? I will be moving back home to Newcastle to start.

Danan
dlagan
Rep:
?
Hi Andy, I am not sure, think it is for your English and knowledge too. There is a Northumbria contact on this site too you couId maybe ask them?

Good luck with it.

Danan
Andy-C5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dlagan)
Hi Andy, I am not sure, think it is for your English and knowledge too. There is a Northumbria contact on this site too you couId maybe ask them?

Good luck with it.

Danan
Ooh heck, I'm worried now. How do I find the Northumbria contact?
dlagan
Rep:
?
Try not to, when did they say you wil find out? You might of hit all the points they are looking for in the part you did. I think this link is for them, they are a member on here but I think its more for general information.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=825163
emmasambuca
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Andy-C5)
Ooh heck, I'm worried now. How do I find the Northumbria contact?
Hi, just wondering if you heard anything back about your written test?

I did it also & received an invite to interview on tuesday.

Good luck!
Andy-C5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emmasambuca)
Hi, just wondering if you heard anything back about your written test?

I did it also & received an invite to interview on tuesday.

Good luck!
Hi!
I got an interview too, and I can't believe it. I really thought it went badly. Only worry is that I just got my tonsils taken out so hope I've recovered by next week :/ Are you doing much prep for it aswell?
emmasambuca
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi!
I got an interview too, and I can't believe it. I really thought it went badly. Only worry is that I just got my tonsils taken out so hope I've recovered by next week :/ Are you doing much prep for it aswell?
That,s great well done. I've read through quite a few of the articles on the community care website, and done a little bit research online. Thought about what qualities social workers have and what they do. A friend of mine from college last year got accepted last year and gave me some advice also. They mainly asked her about her own qualities and thoughts of social work & how she deals with difficult situations etc. I think if we just be ourselves and show we have a bit knowledge of social work we should be okay, its so nerve wracking though. Im dreading it to be honest lol
Andy-C5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha definitely nerve wracking! I think it's even scarier that they're judging our character and not just our academic achievements. My best friend as given me lot of advice too but I don't think you can feel prepared enough for this type of interview. :P Well good luck! What date is yours? I'm on the 25th I think, and they're only 20 minutes; not long at all. :/
emmasambuca
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha definitely nerve wracking! I think it's even scarier that they're judging our character and not just our academic achievements. My best friend as given me lot of advice too but I don't think you can feel prepared enough for this type of interview. :P Well good luck! What date is yours? I'm on the 25th I think, and they're only 20 minutes; not long at all. :/
My interview is this Thursday. It's all i can think about so i will be glad when its all over. I will let you know how it went & what was asked once i get back
Andy-C5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My interview is this Thursday. It's all i can think about so i will be glad when its all over. I will let you know how it went & what was asked once i get back
Brilliant! It's probably better getting it out the way too. Good luck!
dlagan
Rep:
?
Best of luck to you both. Its really a realxed interview, and is really short with 4 questions, the time goes really quick. Think about what skills you have, why you want to be a SW and what social work is.
Andy-C5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dlagan)
Best of luck to you both. Its really a realxed interview, and is really short with 4 questions, the time goes really quick. Think about what skills you have, why you want to be a SW and what social work is.
Thanks, that's a massive help. I'm guessing these are fairly general questions that we can answer in plenty of different ways and go off on a slight tangent?
dlagan
Rep:
?
Hi Andy, yea they are pretty general. I had interviews at other unis and they asked much more specific stuff. Northumbria was pretty general, about your knowledge and experience, and how you think your skills fit into social work. It was honestly very relaxed, no desk or anything - felt more like a chat - they referred to P.S a couple of times too. Still prepare as much as you can, but be yourselt too.
paulusbrewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone,

Did anyone get a positive outcome from their interview? I have a conditional from Northumbria and one from Uni of Leeds.
emmasambuca
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by paulusbrewer)
Hey everyone,

Did anyone get a positive outcome from their interview? I have a conditional from Northumbria and one from Uni of Leeds.
Im still waiting to hear back from Northumbria but my interview was weeks ago! Getting a bit concerned that i wont get an offer now as its been so long.
paulusbrewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im still waiting to hear back from Northumbria but my interview was weeks ago! Getting a bit concerned that i wont get an offer now as its been so long.

Try not to be too concerned. Once decisions are made, they are passed onto admissions. It depends how long it takes for admissions to send the decision on to you and UCAS. I also think there can be delays at the UCAS end as well, in putting on the site. So don't take it to mean a no.
Lowry1995
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had my interview early february and I got offered my place a few days after
paulusbrewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lowry1995)
I had my interview early february and I got offered my place a few days after

Awesome. Is this your preferred uni?
emmasambuca
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everyone else seems to be finding out within a few days though, and its been 3 weeks for me & heard nothing. Its so frustrating
paulusbrewer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everyone else seems to be finding out within a few days though, and its been 3 weeks for me & heard nothing. Its so frustrating

It won't be long. I applied to Dundee and still don't know if i will get an interview, so I understand your frustration, as Dundee is my preferred choice, though on the other hand I am happy at the prospect of going to Northumbria.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (52)
60.47%
No (34)
39.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise