The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Fashion marketing 2015 The University of Leeds

I thought I would start this thread as I can only find an old thread for fashion marketing at Leeds! I firmed Leeds a week ago and thought it would be good to meet some people who are also considering going/firming!
Reply 1
Hi!! I'll be doing Fashion Marketing in Leeds too :smile:

I'm already in Leeds as I'm doing a Foundation Year in Design! I'm loving it!

There's an open day at the Design School next week and march I think? They are supposed to do some talks about every course. Does anyoen know about it? I hope I can go!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by auraroura
Hi!! I'll be doing Fashion Marketing in Leeds too :smile:

I'm already in Leeds as I'm doing a Foundation Year in Design! I'm loving it!

There's an open day at the Design School next week and march I think? They are supposed to do some talks about every course. Does anyoen know about it? I hope I can go!

That's so cool! Is the design block nice to work in? What accomedation are you in and planning on for next year? I'm going to the March open day!
Heya! Ive got an offer for Fashion Marketing at UOLeeds just waiting for my interview at one other place to decide what to put down for my firm/insurance! Where else did you apply? And are you going to the visit day next wednesday? (11th)
Reply 4
Original post by bronteoneill
Heya! Ive got an offer for Fashion Marketing at UOLeeds just waiting for my interview at one other place to decide what to put down for my firm/insurance! Where else did you apply? And are you going to the visit day next wednesday? (11th)

I applied for straight marketing at all of my other universities - Aston, Bournemouth and Oxford brooks! I am going to the open day in March! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ANDECE
That's so cool! Is the design block nice to work in? What accomedation are you in and planning on for next year? I'm going to the March open day!

There are two design buildings, Clothworkers Central and Clothworkers South, they are some of the oldest on campus, but south has been "polished" this year and looks really nice :smile: I currently go to the south one and we work in a really nice studio that feels like a greenhouse, it's all windows. Been to Central once and it was like a labyrinth haha There're many studios and working areas, specially for design and textile design.

I'm not in a uni accomodation, I'm at IQ and next year I'll stay here too. 10 min from uni, really nice room and facilities in general, haven't had any issue staying here!

I was planning to go with one of my foundation classmates next wednesay, but It's from 12:30h until 16h and we've got class at 14h... We'll probably go and if it's worth it, we'll miss class... I really want to attend this or the march one!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
There are two design buildings, Clothworkers Central and Clothworkers South, they are some of the oldest on campus, but south has been "polished" this year and looks really nice :smile: I currently go to the south one and we work in a really nice studio that feels like a greenhouse, it's all windows. Been to Central once and it was like a labyrinth haha There're many studios and working areas, specially for design and textile design.

I'm not in a uni accomodation, I'm at IQ and next year I'll stay here too. 10 min from uni, really nice room and facilities in general, haven't had any issue staying here!

I was planning to go with one of my foundation classmates next wednesay, but It's from 12:30h until 16h and we've got class at 14h... We'll probably go and if it's worth it, we'll miss class... I really want to attend this or the march one!

Ah cool! Is everyone nice in design!?
Reply 7
I have just made central village my preferred accommodation, where is everyone else thinking of applying for accommodation?
Reply 8
I wanted to go to central village, it's so new and pretty! It's right next to Campus and I recently walked by and saw it has a Tesco express right behind the building, you can literally go downstairs do grocery shopping haha! But it wasn't in my budget so I am now at IQ and will probably repeat next year. It has decent sized rooms, double bed and ensuite like central village, and it's not too far from Uni :smile:

Btw! I'll attend the March Open day instead of tomorrow's! @bronteoneill was going tomorrow I think? I hope you can tell us how it was :biggrin:!
Reply 9
I firmed UOLeeds for Fashion Marketing just a couple weeks ago and i've applied for accommodation now too. I'm nervous but I think I made the right choice, leeds ticked all the boxes but in still not 100% sure about there course because obviously it's quite new and hard to get info on. I was thinking about starting a fb group for people coming to do fashion marketing because I can't really see anything on it and I feel like I'm basc the only one going . Did any of you go to the fashion open day where there was a workshop and mini lecture thing?
Hi! I unfortunatelly had an important class + finishing a report that day and couldn't go!

I was also a bit unsure last year when deciding what uni offered the best FM course but as you said Leeds just covered all I wanted... For me it was also important that I liked the city, the uni and that I could afford living there :smile:

The only information I found about the current course in Leeds was in a previous year's FM facebook group, and basically it seemed they were quite happy with it. I guess we'll find an improved version of the course as they've probably seen already what worked and what not in the first years.

And I think the FB group is a great idea! I found 4 other FM students in a Leeds applicants FB group but I don't think there's one for FM 2015-16 start :smile:
Reply 11
Hi! I unfortunatelly had an important class + finishing a report that day and couldn't go!

I was also a bit unsure last year when deciding what uni offered the best FM course but as you said Leeds just covered all I wanted... For me it was also important that I liked the city, the uni and that I could afford living there :smile:

The only information I found about the current course in Leeds was in a previous year's FM facebook group, and basically it seemed they were quite happy with it. I guess we'll find an improved version of the course as they've probably seen already what worked and what not in the first years.

And I think the FB group is a great idea! I found 4 other FM students in a Leeds applicants FB group but I don't think there's one for FM 2015-16 start :smile:

Oh okay! It was pretty good the lecturers seem really nice and the other girls who were firming were nice too. Yeah its difficult to choose because people just automatically go for the more "typical" Unis for fashion. I loved everything about leeds too. The city and uni are amazing and because i live in london it means i get to move away but still be in a city. I was thinking the same about the course improving, because other people have done through it now i'm sure they've tweaked and refined stuff plus i think it kind of give us an opportunity to model our own course.

I'm trying to start a FB group but it says i need members to add, does anyone you have a FB? you can add if you want and then I can put everyone in a group?
(edited 9 years ago)
Done :smile:

Oh and now I wish I went to the open day :frown:
Reply 13
If anyone wants to join the group it's here! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1429719740661903/

Quick Reply

Latest