Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Indian student from the CBSE board, want to study medicine in the UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm a year 11 student in India studying in the CBSE board. I've been looking into getting in a university in the UK to study medicine since a while now, and I'm aware of everything I need to do. Everything seemed to be going for me until The University of Glasgow notified me that the CBSE board is not eligible for getting into their uni. And it seems its the same for the University of Edinburgh.

Now what I need assistance in, is I'd like to know which uni would be able to accept a graduate from the CBSE board.

Excuse the errors if any, I'm horribly flustered atm.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to a reply ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diluted)
    Hi guys,

I'm a year 11 student in India studying in the CBSE board. I've been looking into getting in a university in the UK to study medicine since a while now, and I'm aware of everything I need to do. Everything seemed to be going for me until The University of Glasgow notified me that the CBSE board is not eligible for getting into their uni. And it seems its the same for the University of Edinburgh.

Now what I need assistance in, is I'd like to know which uni would be able to accept a graduate from the CBSE board.

Heyy, I think there are some medical schools in the UK that do accept CBSE. Check out Hull-York Medical School. Be warned, you will need a minimum of 95% marks to get in and pay almost £25000 to £30000 per year as tuition fee plus roughly £8000 per year as living expenses, as you are a foreign student. So, around 35-40 lakhs per year (so at least 1.8 crores for the degree).

If you have already found any Medical schools, then well done and best of luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Hey , someone fm my school who did CBSE ( 10 + 2) got into university of Nottingham for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you find something in here?
    I did ISC and got into medicine in the UK, no problem!

http://www.medschools.ac.uk/Students...s/default.aspx

ReputationRep:
    It's worth realising that, for medicine, there are only a handful of places nationally for international students. This is because the NHS funds the training and offers placements, and they don't want to spend their scarce resources training students who will never work in the NHS.

Make sure that you have a very strong back up plan, be that studying medicine in another country, or doing another degree in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Can you let me know which college you got into?

Did more kids from other colleges also get into the same medical school in the following years??

Would you also be aware of any other CBSE board kids getting into any other medical schools in the UK?

Mks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diluted)
    Hi guys,

(Original post by mkshyderabad)
    Hi
    Can you let me know which college you got into?

Did more kids from other colleges also get into the same medical school in the following years??

Would you also be aware of any other CBSE board kids getting into any other medical schools in the UK?

Mks
    Hi there!

I'm a CBSE graduate who applied for medicine 2016 entry!

Only about 15-30% of med schools in the U.K. accept CBSE grads.
    So, It is definitely more competitive for us since our options are quite limited.

Here are the med schools I applied to(they do accept cbse students):

Birmingham
    Leeds
    Brighton and sussex medical school
    Queen's university Belfast
    Kings college London(for Biomed)

I do know that the following unis also accept students from CBSE curriculum ( Don't quote me on this though):

King's college London(Medicine)
    Newcastle
    Dundee
    Cardiff( only for the 6 year course)
    Liverpool
    Imperial college london
    Lancaster
    Bristol
    University of east anglia

I'm sure there are more than this, but you'll have to contact the universities to find out.

If have other questions regarding getting into medicine in the U.K. do not hesitate to contact me!

ReputationRep:
    I think Edinburgh does accept CBSE..

u better write to them directly and get a confirmation

ReputationRep:
    Can you send me your contact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grvinayak)
    Hi there!

I'm a CBSE graduate who applied for medicine 2016 entry!

Only about 15-30% of med schools in the U.K. accept CBSE grads.
    So, It is definitely more competitive for us since our options are quite limited.

Here are the med schools I applied to(they do accept cbse students):

Birmingham
    Leeds
    Brighton and sussex medical school
    Queen's university Belfast
    Kings college London(for Biomed)

I do know that the following unis also accept students from CBSE curriculum ( Don't quote me on this though):

King's college London(Medicine)
    Newcastle
    Dundee
    Cardiff( only for the 6 year course)
    Liverpool
    Imperial college london
    Lancaster
    Bristol
    University of east anglia

I'm sure there are more than this, but you'll have to contact the universities to find out.

If have other questions regarding getting into medicine in the U.K. do not hesitate to contact me!

thank you, that was quite helpful... But do you know any universities accepting state board students too?

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.