Reference cut halfway on UCAS. Watch

swirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
A few days ago my referee received an e-mail personally written from a UCL admissions tutor stating that my reference halts to an abrupt end mid sentence, and requested a hard copy of the reference in its entirety. She quoted the last line and there's a pretty hefty chunk of paragraph missing, which is essentially, the crux of the reference.

I'm rather annoyed as my tutor and I cut the reference together to fit it in that poor excuse of a space UCAS have provided and it was ok then. So why has it cut a section out? Is there a glitch in the system or what...?

Now I know I'm asking the obvious here, but does this mean all my other universities have received the incomplete version also? I asked my teacher to post a hard copy to them also to be on the safe side, but she claims that they "probably have their own processing system" whatever the hell that means.

By the way, I received an offer from one of my options a couple of weeks ago. Did they accept me with an incomplete reference? It was from one of my (last resort) insurance options if that makes somewhat of a difference.

Quite a long post, apologies. I needed to vent too.
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how long was your reference, the poor excuse of a space from what i recall PQ saying is about the same size as ure allowed for rue PS which should be fine for ure reference lol.

and yes they probably have got ure incomplete ref, ure best bet to make sure is to ring UCAS as they will see it all and will tell you what they have and then you can work from there and see if all ure unis need to be sent ure reference via hard copy.
tree_trunkz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Actually, when I tried to print off my entire application just for a hard copy as a record, it left a LOT of blank pages where certain sections should have continued - it did this twice, too. I didn't pursue it but now I'm kind of worried!
emsy88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ring Ucas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads