Maths-C
ICT-B
RE-C
English-B
History-U
Textiles-B
French-D
Science-C,D

I'm really worried as I have less than 2 months left till my actual GCSE's.
I know I can do better but only 3 people in my entire year got C in history everyone else got below. I just wanted to know if someone got bad mock results and done a lot better at their actual GCSE,as this will really motivate me.
Thanks, I apologise if this sounded like a sob story.
zetamcfc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maths- D Mock A GCSE
Chem - C Mock A GCSE
History - D Mock B GCSE
French - D Mock B GCSE
Biology - D Mock C GCSE
Physics - E Mock B GCSE

These were the grades I improved on so yes, you can get okish GCSE's. Just try hard and asks lots of questions.
MogarCreeper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got nothing above a D in my mocks, and in the end I got 4A's and 6B's.

I got an E in my History mock and a U in my English mock and I now study History and English Lit at the best college in my area.

Mock grades don't really mean much, but for a little advice (especially History), you don't need a lot of contextual knowledge - the questions help you out a lot, as do the sources. You can deduce a lot from just the sources.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
greentron6
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tayotoyi)
My Mock results were nothing near what I expected it to be:
Maths-C
ICT-B
RE-C
English-B
History-U
Textiles-B
French-D
Science-C,D

I'm really worried as I have less than 2 months left till my actual GCSE's.
I know I can do better but only 3 people in my entire year got C in history everyone else got below. I just wanted to know if someone got bad mock results and done a lot better at their actual GCSE,as this will really motivate me.
Thanks, I apologise if this sounded like a sob story.
YES, YES, YES! You can definitely get those top grades. START NOW before it's too late! Bring together your resources and start making notes for all your subjects. Spend more time on the weak subjects such as Science, French (like using the website memrise, to learn vocab) and especially History - as the content for History is extremely heavy.
You are still able to achieve those A/A*'s. 66 days (well for me) is a sufficient amount of time to get stuff completed. If it helps, set a timetable and start spending around 4-5 hours a day, with some breaks in between to make notes and go over past topics.

Past papers is also the success! Practice, practice, practice! Especially in subjects such as Maths, as examiners tend to recycle the same topics over and over. Do the questions, detect the gaps in your knowledge, watch a tutorial video upon the topics, write notes upon it. Done.

Good luck and I wish you the best of luck!

I hope you get the results you want! If there's anything else, I'll be happy to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?