Sociology or Triple Science??? Watch

emmafletchie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm choosing my GCSE options in a few weeks and I'm still stuck between sociology or triple science. Can't do both. I've never done sociology before but everyone in the years above me say they love it loads, no one really raves about science though. I'm quite good at science a level 7c/b if that means anything to anyone. However sociology intrests me so much and i love stuff like that. I want to be a doctor or phycologist when I'm older and im not sure which is best so I'm just looking for advice on the subjects. Thanks
username1239704
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmafletchie)
I'm choosing my GCSE options in a few weeks and I'm still stuck between sociology or triple science. Can't do both. I've never done sociology before but everyone in the years above me say they love it loads, no one really raves about science though. I'm quite good at science a level 7c/b if that means anything to anyone. However sociology intrests me so much and i love stuff like that. I want to be a doctor or phycologist when I'm older and im not sure which is best so I'm just looking for advice on the subjects. Thanks
If you want to be a doctor, at A level you will need to take chem and bio. Personally from doing triple last year I think I have a slightly better understanding as it is between GCSE and A level. Maybe look into what the requirements are for courses you want to do in sixth form or college to help you make the right choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
pursuedbyabear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This looks like a tricky one :confused:. If you want to be a doctor, triple science is the obvious choice (although you can get into medicine courses without it), and even psychology, as a science in its own right, could require subjects like biology and chemistry at A-Level. I'd keep in mind that sociology could be done at A-Level without GCSE - although I'd check that - as can sciences without triple, but the third unit of each will be a great help.

If this means anything, I chose triple science over history at GCSE, and I'm glad I did - but I will be doing history at A-Level! I find triple science really interesting, especially the third units, but my friends love sociology. I have some who do both, one of which wants to do psychology, so I can get their opinion if you want it.

I know this probably wasn't much help, just wanted to share my experience.
Chris Cartner
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely triple science! Trust me, loads of people do sociology and end up unemployed, you're quite good at science too

Posted from TSR Mobile
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do triples. Having 3 good GCSEs in science will help you loads, especially if you want to do science at level to go into medicine.

If you want to pick sociology up later at a level, that easy enough, but doing science a level without the full GCSE will be harder.
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmafletchie)
Since you want to be a doctor i suggest you stick to triple science since it will be handy and will put you in an advantage. Also you seem to be good at it.

Edit: When picking A level choices you could then pick Sociology if you want because you dont need a GCSE in it to do it but only a good grade in English language GCSE
emmafletchie
Rep:
?
Thank you I've decided on triple science !!
emmafletchie
Rep:
?
(Original post by pursuedbyabear)
This looks like a tricky one :confused:. If you want to be a doctor, triple science is the obvious choice (although you can get into medicine courses without it), and even psychology, as a science in its own right, could require subjects like biology and chemistry at A-Level. I'd keep in mind that sociology could be done at A-Level without GCSE - although I'd check that - as can sciences without triple, but the third unit of each will be a great help.

If this means anything, I chose triple science over history at GCSE, and I'm glad I did - but I will be doing history at A-Level! I find triple science really interesting, especially the third units, but my friends love sociology. I have some who do both, one of which wants to do psychology, so I can get their opinion if you want it.

I know this probably wasn't much help, just wanted to share my experience.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply I've decided on triple science !
emmafletchie
Rep:
?
Thank you everyone for replying I've decided to play it safe and go with triple science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise