The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Does Aberdeen represent a proper place to study law?

Hello, I have recently applyed at Aberdeen at Law and I would like to know if it is good regarding the courses and lectures, as I am interested particularly in this academic aspect. In other words, does it represent a proper educational environment?
Well, that does somewhat raise the question; what is a "proper educational environment"? Certainly, the law school is rigorous in its approach to academic matters; essays are more harshly marked than in other schools and the teaching is good, however university is generally considered to be about self-study, which effectively means, in this context, that you will be responsible for and the beneficiary of a "proper educational environment". Additionally, the point seems to suggest that Aberdeen University might not be a "proper educational environment", why does this idea exist in the first place? Aberdeen has been teaching law since the 1400s, they've probably got the gist of it by now...
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Don't know if this is relevant but The University of Aberdeen, is older than The University of Edinburgh.
Top 1% of Uni's in the world... Just saying..

I currently study here and have found it to be fantastic! I feel very lucky to be here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending