The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Tribi18
Really?! How many notes r u allowed?? My teacher said its alrite

have you finished your drama gcse? (the hiv thing I seem to remember)
I've finished mine - wohoo! 2 GCSE's down! (incl. art!)
Reply 41
elpaw
ok, just going through this past paper

Some of that looks straightforward to me (although I've not done matrices, surface integrals or much on divergence/curl). Do you not get a formula sheet with your Maths exam(s) then?
Reply 42
Nylex
Some of that looks straightforward to me (although I've not done matrices, surface integrals or much on divergence/curl). Do you not get a formula sheet with your Maths exam(s) then?

yep, theres a formula sheet. the first section is the "easy section", and the second section is the "hard section"
Tribi18

Officially you are only allowed single works like "alliteration" or short 3-4 word statments. You are not allowed to write notes in full sentences.

But, most people (self included) use more notes than they should and get normally away with it. It's a risk though, and if you're caught they would take the book away and you'd have to do it as a closed book exam.
Reply 44
elpaw
yep, theres a formula sheet. the first section is the "easy section", and the second section is the "hard section"

Rah. With our Maths, the first section has 6 short questions, you can answer as many as you want and marks will be accumulated to a maximum (full marks to correct answers to 4). Second section has 3 long questions and we have to do 2.
Reply 45
I am revising my unit 2 ASVCE ICT section B of the exam.
Reply 46
Tonight I'll be revising sociology (ie. going out to a party) :smile:
Reply 47
Tribi18

As BazTheMoney said, single words or short statements. But I don't think that the length of notes is more significant than the fact you said you'd copy them out of York Notes, which would be classed as cheating.. I'd recommend you'd use them to enhance your understanding and analysis of the text rather than use them in the exam, because you'll get far more marks for a good understanding and analysis than just regurgitated York Notes.
Reply 48
me!

have you finished your drama gcse? (the hiv thing I seem to remember)
I've finished mine - wohoo! 2 GCSE's down! (incl. art!)

Hey!!
My drama went perfect thanks, really enjoyed it.. really impressed u rembered it :biggrin: cheers.. glad urs went well too!!
I've been reading about Christinaity and Mulsims, ooh how exciting.
I have been revising sport science and am now going to annotate my poetry book a bit more, to try and help me answer the question better!

Latest

Trending

Trending