The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I feel awful

I am studying abroad and this is my first week of exams

The past couple of weeks I have been skippin classes because I work well on my own and also I do have abit of social anxiety and feel uncomfortable in social sitiations

Yesterday i had my first exam and it was really early so my sleeping pattern had to be shifted a lot , and in a few hours i have my second ... I havnt slept hardly at all and its been really on and off :frown:

Also i keep thinking over things in my life recetly and how badly the socialsituations have gone

Im worried about being kicked off my course

Im confused about my sexuality

My family are deeply inadequate

One of my best friends has basically dropped me

I have a heaache and feel sick now but should probably get up and ready for this exam

What shall i do to make things better?
Original post by Anonymous

The past couple of weeks I have been skippin classes because I work well on my own and also I do have abit of social anxiety and feel uncomfortable in social sitiations

Yesterday i had my first exam and it was really early so my sleeping pattern had to be shifted a lot , and in a few hours i have my second ... I havnt slept hardly at all and its been really on and off :frown:

Also i keep thinking over things in my life recetly and how badly the socialsituations have gone

I have a heaache and feel sick now but should probably get up and ready for this exam

Easier said than done but try to take things one day at a time.And really just take care of your self right now. No family is ever perfect- despite outside appearances.

Is there anyone at school/college you can confide in?
Original post by Anonymous

Hey there :smile:

The first thing I would say is that it is super important to try and get enough sleep - and if your exams are early in the morning try and keep your sleep pattern permanently shifted that way, so you're not drifting off in the exam. Set yourself a bed-time and stick to it! If you feel a need to do last minute revision, consider getting up a bit earlier before the exam rather than staying up late :smile:

I know how you feel about social situations - I've never been the most sociable/ comfortable around other people. Do you have any close friends you can hang around with? If one of your best friends has dropped you, as hard as it sounds try and move on from the incident and keep meeting up with other people. Are you a member of any societies/ clubs? They're often a good way of making friends (or at least hanging out with people) with common interests :smile:

If you are concerned about your course, perhaps try and talk to an adviser/ tutor/ student support? They may be able to identify your problem and help you get back on track. If there are any serious underlying issues, they may also be able to negotiate with the course organisers to enable you to stay on the course even if you don't do as well in your exams as you hope.

Your sexuality is something that will probably develop over time - so it's totally understandable to feel confused about your feelings. It may help to get in touch with your college/ uni LGBT+ group - they usually organise social events where you can meet other people and feel more comfortable discussing anything. My uni offers a "parenting scheme" where they matched you up with LGBT+ students from the year above, who you could chat to/ ask for advice which I found very helpful :smile:

I hope your exam went well yesterday :smile:

Latest