The Student Room Group

Corporate game , a deviation from dating game.

Some salient points I have observed in my time, take it or leave it, I aim to write about it as I see it:

- You will have to talk to the type of people you would have ignored in university and school/college for being a bit uncool, a bit nerdy in the uncool way. These people are most likely in positions of power and influence. You will have to learn how to talk to these kinds of people and identify as one of them, they must not see you as the type that would have ignored them in education... they still have a complex about that.

- Young attractive white women will get it easier, at least earlier in their careers in their physical prime / lack of family commitments. Make no mistake about it that a lot of people in positions of authority (i.e. older white males) are thirsty and as beta/white knight as the regular next man on the street. The middle aged form of these women tend to hit the ****ing wall though and then cry about it in the media as a heinous form of discrimination, hating the very machine that worked in their favour at significant points in their career.

- People say you should be yourself, but try to adapt to the employer/office you are going for. I.e. Lie about your interests and hobbies to get ahead. Lie well.

- The whole "I am too cool for school" approach does not work anymore. If you are like that as a physically attractive man especially, it is not like in education where it works out positively for you in the social sense. You are competing with union nerds that have spent their entire lives (re: for reference go to relevant TSR university threads) preparing for such roles.

- No matter what people say, kissing the right arse works wonders for your career. In the case of women, sucking the right dick (if you don't get caught ladies, of course). And don't bull**** me about the 'generalisation' point, statistically it is more than common enough. Corporate women are not your average everyday women on the street.

- I see forging a career these days as making yourself an asset that is very hard to be dropped (i.e. gaining a unique skillset). Hell, like a footballer would have. Without this, it becomes a whole lot more difficult as your abilities become just as important as how much people like you. Never too late to learn new skills though. I have friends with people headhunting them because of the unique skillsets they have, this is the real way to 'troll' the job industry imo.
Reply 1
Nice insight, it was enlightening. I shall keep this one in the vault for later use.
Reply 2
Seems legit

Quick Reply

Latest