Turn on thread page Beta

Music Genre watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

what genre do you listen ?

what do you listen to when your feeling down?

ReputationRep:
    I'm reeeeeally in to indie at the moment. I have an obsession with Bombay Bicycle Club and have recently been listening to the Maccabees. Ive always listened quite religiously to The Script too.

It depends how down I am. If I'm really down then I usually have to separate myself from everything, including music. But if I know that music will help it would probably be what I usually listen to or some relaxing acoustic stuff. (Ie Bombay's Flaws album)
    Did go through a phase where I really liked reggae, but I tend to listen to one main artist for a number of months, rather than a range of people.

ReputationRep:
    I mostly listen to pop music (cheesier the better!), and when i am down i listen to songs about living in the moment

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my dissertation on genre preference and uses of music, if anyone could spare a few seconds to complete my questionnaire I'd really appreciate it!! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gKj...Js8wY/viewform

ReputationRep:
    More often than not I listen to music that exacerbates my mood. If I'm feeling down then I'm far more likely to listen to depressing music than I am if I'm happy, I find it incredibly cathartic.

ReputationRep:
    Trance

ReputationRep:
    New wave is my favourite.

When I feel down I listen to some John Denver or Dolly Parton

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the sort of person who would willingly confine themselves to such a narrow subset of the thousands of genres available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I don't understand the sort of person who would willingly confine themselves to such a narrow subset of the thousands of genres available.
    I agree. I always find it difficult to answer when people ask what genre I listen to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Trance
    Trance and progressive house ftw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    More often than not I listen to music that exacerbates my mood. If I'm feeling down then I'm far more likely to listen to depressing music than I am if I'm happy, I find it incredibly cathartic.
    Same, to a certain extent. I used to listen to nothing but Silencer, Coldworld and Xasthur on bad days. Now I usually go for black metal that's more uplifting or just melancholic rather than straight up depressive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hardstyle that puts me in a good mood.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    House, Alternative, Electronic mainly. it depends on my mood.

ReputationRep:
    Psychedelic stuff. Also a lot of folk. I don't mind what genre something is as long as it's good

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.