The Student Room Group

AS students! Have you started revising?

When did you start?
What subjects do you take?
Are you doing past papers?
How often do you revise?
Predicted grades?

I take AS biology, chem and physics. At the moment I'm doing about 3 hours a day on average (that includes revision+ some past papers). I'm definitely feeling stressed...90 days till my exams start. And I really want As...:erm:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by amamsy
When did you start?
How often do you revise?
Predicted grades?

I take AS biology, chem and physics. At the moment I'm doing about 3 hours a day on average (that includes revision+ some past papers). I'm definitely feeling stressed...90 days till my exams start. And I really want As...:erm:

Spoiler for long answer.

Spoiler

P.S. Please try to not stress out too much, 3 hours sounds like a lot if you're doing it on top of other homework and stuff! And also good luck! :smile:
I'm an A2 student I haven't yet, oops.
Reply 4
I'm doing my A2s this year but last year I started revision just before my mocks which were the week before the Easter holidays (I don't remember the actual dates).
I took AS maths, physics, biology, chemistry, Russian and Greek and ended up with 6 As and a 98% average overall.
This goes to show that it doesn't matter WHEN you start revising but
a) whether you have been working consistently throughout the year (ie you don't have any gaps) and
b) how you revise (I made summary notes of the topics I am not too sure about, read through the rest and did past papers (writing down your answers takes too long - read the question, think of the answer, if you can't answer it check your notes and try again, look at the mark scheme and only if you got it wrong write it down).
I hope this helps anyone who is worried about their AS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum
should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:

Thanks, but I finally got a few responses now, so it's all good :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by aersh8
I'm doing my A2s this year but last year I started revision just before my mocks which were the week before the Easter holidays (I don't remember the actual dates).
I took AS maths, physics, biology, chemistry, Russian and Greek and ended up with 6 As and a 98% average overall.
This goes to show that it doesn't matter WHEN you start revising but
a) whether you have been working consistently throughout the year (ie you don't have any gaps) and
b) how you revise (I made summary notes of the topics I am not too sure about, read through the rest and did past papers (writing down your answers takes too long - read the question, think of the answer, if you can't answer it check your notes and try again, look at the mark scheme and only if you got it wrong write it down).
I hope this helps anyone who is worried about their AS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! That's actually very motivating

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by catrinana
Spoiler for long answer.

Spoiler

P.S. Please try to not stress out too much, 3 hours sounds like a lot if you're doing it on top of other homework and stuff! And also good luck! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
And lol, our homework usually IS past papers, so that's included in the three hours. And for someone who wants to study medicine, I don't think three hours is enough, really :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Don't feel too bad! I was pretty upset too, a few days ago, but my teachers told me that it isn't too late to start. Just work as hard as possible in the next two months and you'll still do well IA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 3 years ago)
Biology, French, History and Health & Social Care

I'm doing exam style questions regularly, but I prefer to do past papers nearer to the exams so that they're fresh in my head.

How often do you revise?
1 and a half hours after sixth form and 3 hours on a Saturday and Sunday, but this includes homework as well.

Predicted grades?
AAAA (although this seems unrealistic, considering I got BCCE in my mocks:frown: ).
Reply 10
When did you start?
Haven't started. Planning to in march or something.
Bio, chem, geo and maths.
I've done some here and there but not the super old ones yet.
How often do you revise?
Day before I have an end of topic test. Then occasionally during studies.
Predicted grades?
Don't know as my school never seem to give them out. My target min. are AAAA but I doubt I'll get that. Hoping for AAAB.

Quick Reply

Latest