The Student Room Group

Swearing in language coursework

For one of my two pieces of English Language coursework I'm writing a monologue. The speaker is a young (late teens to early twenties) man from Northern England (haven't been explicitly specific but he's pretty strongly implied as Geordie). I was just wondering if it would be marked down at all for using swearwords. Not a lot, just when he's talking about his stepfather (who he holds contempt for), he at present once uses the word "f*cking" and another time the word "b*stard" (I personally don't consider that a swear but I know there's differing opinions on it). Would this be marked down or would it be okay? Also, there's an implied use of the c-word (as in he uses the phrase "she's a real see you next Tuesday, if you get my meaning.") What would the examiner say to that? Thanks.
I asked my teacher about swearing a while ago. You probably wouldn't get marked down for it so long as you're not swearing in every sentence. If it works in favor of the character I don't see why it should be a problem. If you're still not sure ask your teacher :smile:
i don't think its a problem as long it is for effect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending