Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me?

what might the problems and opportunities be for british firms if there was a 50% rise in GDP in the next 15 years?

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angellotte)
    Can anyone help me?

what might the problems and opportunities be for british firms if there was a 50% rise in GDP in the next 15 years?

Any ideas?
    If GDP rises, people's real incomes increase. This means that they can afford to import more goods from abroad, which may reduce the aggregate demand in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    GDP will be flucuating, so it will be hard for firms to predict future outcomes and so won't be able to make fully informed decisions on potential investments.

ReputationRep:
    Might I point out that 50% in 15 years is actually slightly below the long-term trend. Trick question.

ReputationRep:
    Clever "thepants." I'd never have noticed that.

ReputationRep:
    I say the problem would be that the labor force (population) will not increase at the same rate, so it will cause increasing production costs because the high demand for labor, loosing competitiveness in respect with other countries. Of course, this could be solved if inmigration restrictions were lifted or eased, but that involves a lot of other problems.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.