The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I was wondering, if there is more than one person say a twin or other sibling going to university at the same time from the same household, does the amount of loan that you are entitled to change at all?!
Reply 2
I don't hold any offers can I still apply for student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good morning. I'm an Italian student and I received a conditional offer from the University of Oxford. As an EU student, I'm eligible for the tuition fee but not for the living costs support. In these days I've tried to download the right form for me from the website www.gov.uk but I haven't found the 2015-2016 form. Perhaps it hasn't been released yet?

Moreover, would you mind explaining in a clear, easy and detailed way all the steps I have to take if I want to ask for the tuition fee? I haven't understood well if I need to send a form, or I have to declare my household income (if I am not eligible for the living costs support why do they need to know it?).
It would be very kind of you to clarify all my doubts.
Thanks beforehand.
Carolina
Reply 4
Hi, I'm from the EU (Spain), but when I go to gov.uk there isn't any forms yet for EU students? Do you know if I can apply for student finance even if I am not from the UK?
Thanks,
Imran
How do you apply to have your application means tested?
Reply 6
Hi I've got funding for foundation degree childcare for open university but the work load is too much round my children I would like to do level 5 management in childcare instead with pb development but don't know if I can claim any help as I'm a single parent. They want £300 deposit and then £200 a month for 9 months can I change funding over if I can claim funding for nvq? Thanks
Hi Lily,

Yes the number of students studying from a household will affect the amount of maintenance support (loan and/or grant) available if the application is based on household income.

When our assessors are calculating the household income during an income assessment they will deduct an amount (called a disregard) from the overall household income figure provided. This happens for each student from the household applying for student finance and means that the student is more likely to receive a higher Maintenance Loan and/or Grant.
Hi Sandra,

You sure can as you don’t need a confirmed place at university or college to submit an application. Just create your student finance account and apply using your preferred choice of course.

You can simply change the details once you’ve accepted an offer.
Hi Carolina,

You’re correct, EU applications for 15-16 student finance aren’t available yet but they’re coming very soon.

Once applications are available you can download and print off a form: www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

To get the form you need:

- first click the Start now button
- choose the option EU - student - full time'
- now click 2015 -2016
- you will now see a download link for EU15N - form and notes
- click the link to download and print off

EU students are not required to provide their household income information when they initially apply. If your university identifies you as being eligible to receive an income based EU bursary you may be asked for income information at this time. For more info on EU bursaries at Oxford, you should speak with a member of your faculty or your admissions contact.

Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter channels for updates about when the application will be available.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Imran,

Yes, as you are an EU national you can apply for a repayable Tuition Fee Loan.

Applications for 15-16 student finance aren’t available yet but they’re coming very soon.

To get the form you need:

- first click the ‘Start now’ button
- choose the option ‘EU - student - full time'
- now click ‘2015 -2016‘
- you will now see a download link for ‘EU15N - form and notes’
- click the link to download and print off

Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter channels for updates about when the application will be available.
Hi, sorry this is unrelated to 'How' to apply to student finance. But this is the currently active thread about it so I'll try my chances.

I was wondering if you know when student finance opens for applicants for 2016 entry to apply?

If not, could you give a rough guideline about when students can start applying for SF for 2016 entry?
Hi Jelly,

When you are filling in your student finance application you will be asked under the Living Costs section whether you wish to apply for a Maintenance Grant based on household income.

If you're under 25 years old you'll be asked to provide the details of your parent(s) depending on your circumstances. Your parent(s) will then be asked to provide financial information about your household income to determine whether you are eligible to receive a Maintenance Grant and, if so, how much.
Hi Lexi,

This will depend on whether the course with PBDevelopment has been designated as being eligible for student finance support.

You will need to speak with the course provider to determine if this is the case in the first instance. If they confirm that the course is eligible for student finance you can change your application in you online account.
Hi Econmistician,

This will depend on the entry start dates.

If the course starts before August 2016 then student finance can be applied for now through the 15/16 online application.

If the course starts from September 2016 onwards this will be classed as 16-17 student finance. The 16-17 application opening date is not yet available however is likely to be early in 2016.
Hi all!

Don't forget to check out our 'Ask SFE: Applying for student finance' video playlist on the SFE Youtube channel.

It's got lots of info and some handy tips for applying!
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks Mark, and if anyone wants to know more about how to apply visit our dedicated student finance zone for helpful tools and guidance.