The Student Room Group

Household income works out at £0?

I am applying for student finance for the second time. Last year I started university but ended up deffering my entry so my application for 2014/15 funding was suspended after the first payment. I am now applying for funding for the 2015/16 year.

So on my mothers account we were trying to fill in the questions to support my application in regards to household income. After answering all the questions the confirmation page shows household income as a total of £0.

Section Section Total
Employment £0
Benefits £0
Payments into pensions (deductions) £0
Income from pensions £0
Savings £0
Other income £0
Your total income £0

This is because my mother does not receive income from any of the options on offer (she receives income based ESA). Last year when applying i specifically remember the evidence to support an application requiring a P60 form and other questions that resulted in her yearly income being around £5200. I was wondering if this is a result of me already having applied previously or a mistake I am making somewhere?

It does not seem right that the income total is £0.

Any help I would be most grateful, would be so much easier if SFE had an email or something :frown:
Hi there.

We only take into consideration 'taxable income' so whereas your mother may have an income, we do not actually take it all into consideration. ESA based on income is not taxable so this does not need to be included.

It's not uncommon for an income to be given as '0'

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending