WJEC CBAC GCSE English Literature Watch

londoncricket
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

Am finding my Controlled Assessment task very difficult for WJEC CBAC GCSE English Literature. It is the essay task in which I have to compare the control of women by men and the treatment of women in Romeo and Juliet to a selection of poems.

My analysis is my biggest problem and that is where I lose most marks. That is also the biggest portion of the score.

My school has set me on a target grade of an A.

Can anyone help? I would be happy to PM my draft to someone, just a little reluctant to post it here.

Thank you very much!
cookiemonster15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by londoncricket)
Hi all,

Am finding my Controlled Assessment task very difficult for WJEC CBAC GCSE English Literature. It is the essay task in which I have to compare the control of women by men and the treatment of women in Romeo and Juliet to a selection of poems.

My analysis is my biggest problem and that is where I lose most marks. That is also the biggest portion of the score.

My school has set me on a target grade of an A.

Can anyone help? I would be happy to PM my draft to someone, just a little reluctant to post it here.

Thank you very much!
It's romeo and juliet this year? I did macbath. The easiest thing to do in my opinion is print out the play and highlight and make notes on the relevant sections, then pick the est ones to add. Write a draft and practise this so itll be easier for the CA
You also need to use PEE , point, evdence (quote) explanation.

E.g (this may not be correct as I havent read romeo and juliet in ages, but its just an example)
In Romeo and juliet, we see that the men are portrayed with a much higher standard than the women, this enables them to be allowed to control the women. For example (add quote - e.g when juliets father forces her to marry paris) The word 'blah' shows the demanding tone of the father when addressing Juliet. Also the word 'blah blah blah' conveys that it is the men who ultimately take over the decisions of th women. This overall leads us to believe that men are beginning to take a more lead role in the daily lives of blah blah blah.

That was basically how I did each of my paragraphs last year
londoncricket
Rep:
?
(Original post by cookiemonster15)
It's romeo and juliet this year? I did macbath. The easiest thing to do in my opinion is print out the play and highlight and make notes on the relevant sections, then pick the est ones to add. Write a draft and practise this so itll be easier for the CA
You also need to use PEE , point, evdence (quote) explanation.

E.g (this may not be correct as I havent read romeo and juliet in ages, but its just an example)
In Romeo and juliet, we see that the men are portrayed with a much higher standard than the women, this enables them to be allowed to control the women. For example (add quote - e.g when juliets father forces her to marry paris) The word 'blah' shows the demanding tone of the father when addressing Juliet. Also the word 'blah blah blah' conveys that it is the men who ultimately take over the decisions of th women. This overall leads us to believe that men are beginning to take a more lead role in the daily lives of blah blah blah.

That was basically how I did each of my paragraphs last year
Yeah it is the Romeo and Juliet this year...

Wow, great thank you. May I ask what your grade was?
cookiemonster15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by londoncricket)
Yeah it is the Romeo and Juliet this year...

Wow, great thank you. May I ask what your grade was?
I got an A If you want I can PM you a paragraph i did for macbeth and you might be able to use it as a basis? That is, if you want
londoncricket
Rep:
?
(Original post by cookiemonster15)
I got an A If you want I can PM you a paragraph i did for macbeth and you might be able to use it as a basis? That is, if you want
Wow that's great!

Yes please! That would be great! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.81%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.68%

Watched Threads