The Student Room Group

driving rip off.

I am learning 2 drive in an electric car, my instructor picks me up, i drive 2 garage charge car then drive straight back home, this cost me £58 per 2 hour, it has cost me so far £2000, i dont know how 2 park car yet, i am being ripped off, but she is the only driving instructor in my area so without her im stuffed, and with her im stuffed, help what can i do. Im disabled,
She is the only automatic driving instructor in your area? There's no one from the AA driving schools around? This definitely sounds harsh, and I would certainly question the point of that lesson and be expecting a free one to compensate.
Reply 2
Hi, yeh need more than one free one. In total spent 17 times £58 charging car, learning nothing, init.
Reply 3
Have you tried driving instructors not so near to you? Some (like mine did) travelled for lessons but charged a bit extra.

17 2 hour lessons and no parking is a rip off. I passed in 20 1 hour lessons and was parking by the third lesson. Have you asked to do more things? That's what I did, just said I want to park today, dual carriage ways today, three point turns today. Just let her know you want to do more things.
Reply 4
It just never happens she just keeps saying next time, i am so far in debt its unreal, i have given her £2000, seems like she wants it 2 last for ever,i cant say anything or i will never get there, she is the only instructor 2 do my area. Do i give up my dream or carry on in debt.why cant people help one and other, instead of trying 2 rip each other off.
Reply 5
What area are you in? Unless you're on an island of 10 people there is bound to be more instructors around. Paying £20 an hour to someone that has to travel would be better. I wouldn't even bother learning to drive with her.
Reply 6
I live in dursley gloucester. Nobody in a 30 range will do this area in an automatic,at the minite im paying 28 pounds per hour.that is the dearest in the country .may b because im disabled gives her the right 2 rip me off i can drive the car no problems, i need no other help.every where i turn for help the door is closed. All i want is 2 b able 2 park, reverse, so i can go for my test but these 2 thing she is holding back from teaching me.
Reply 7
Original post by stephenpaul
I live in dursley gloucester. Nobody in a 30 range will do this area in an automatic,at the minite im paying 28 pounds per hour.that is the dearest in the country .may b because im disabled gives her the right 2 rip me off i can drive the car no problems, i need no other help.every where i turn for help the door is closed. All i want is 2 b able 2 park, reverse, so i can go for my test but these 2 thing she is holding back from teaching me.

Just report her to the driving standards agency. If your lesson consists of sat not moving charging her car then that deserves reporting. Do not bother taking any lessons with her.

Contact the AA and ask for an automatic and say you'll pay a bit more, it will be worth it to not get ripped off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick internet search reveals this

http://www.fastpassintensivecourses.co.uk/driving-courses-in-your-area/dursley/

You are definitely being ripped off - either go to the above - do another internet search, or do a residential course - a week in another area - practically guaranteed pass. You need to report this teacher - she sounds awful
Reply 9
I am going 2 tell her next lesson, sort it or i report it. Thankyou .
I am learning 2 drive in an electric car, my instructor picks me up, i drive 2 garage charge car then drive straight back home, this cost me £58 per 2 hour, it has cost me so far £2000, i dont know how 2 park car yet, i am being ripped off, but she is the only driving instructor in my area so without her im stuffed, and with her im stuffed, help what can i do. Im disabled,

Hold on, why has it taken you THIS long to figure out you're being taken for a ride (no pun intended)?

Ditch her ASAP.
Reply 11
Original post by randomgeeza
hold on, why has it taken you this long to figure out you're being taken for a ride (no pun intended)?

Ditch her asap.

because this is they one on my bucket list i reall wanted 2 achieve, i have just been living in hope, but i have no one else 2 turn 2. I know she is taking me for a ride,
Try strouddriving(.com) - I bet they do auto lessons.
Reply 13
Original post by shaymarriott
try strouddriving(.com) - i bet they do auto lessons.

hi, yeh i have tried them all 54 in total 2 date, 80% avertise automatic, then when u ring them up, sorry we dont do automatic but im sure we can teach u in manual. They all suck, after all they just want ur money, happy days,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending