The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Bristol/Sheff/Manchester

I've got offers for Biochemistry from Manchester, Sheffield and Bristol. And I am struggling on which one out of these three to choose. I have also applied to UCL and Edinburgh and haven't got any answer yet.

I would appreciate some advice on which one to choose. What matters to me most is the quality of the university, quality of teaching and employability/future prospects. I love all the three cities above - I am an EU student and all seem great compared to the environment I grew up in - yet the possibility of getting a part time job while studying is another major factor for me.

I have a little something for Bristol because of its prestige and because it seems to be highlier regarded by employers than the other two, yet I also like the course structure at Sheffield and the fact that the degree after the four years is a MSci, not BSc (Hons). A lot of the students in my country chose Manchester and they are happy (mostly Cpu Sc students though) and the city is great, so I am considering it too.

Being an EU student, I couldn't participate in any open days, so it's more difficult to make an overview of the dpt at each uni. I really don't know what to do, so your help is highly appreciated. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there -- I am in a similar situation, having applied for ChemEng at Aberdeen, Sheffield, Queen's Belfast, and Edinburgh. Have received offers from all but Edinburgh (still waiting!)

I live overseas and therefore cannot visit any of the unis until I am actually moving in to my accommodation. So, I'm relying heavily on the universities' websites and student satisfaction ratings. Have chosen Sheffield as my top choice but I can't say that if I'm accepted to Edinburgh, I won't take that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending