How you apply for student finance: EU students

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Student Money Week 2017
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Students from within the EU can also get finance to support them during their studies. Find out how to apply!
aersh8
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hello! Thanks for creating this thread - I am an applicant from Greece and have firmed and insured my offers for 2015 entry.

I have been told that student finance applications for EU students for the tuition fee loans open in March/April - is there any specific date available?

Regarding means-tested support (the University Bursary Schemes, I am aware that I am not eligible for government maintenance loans), do the income statements have to be translated into English?

Many thanks in advance!
raq123
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hello, what do with student finance if you decide to deferr to the next year.

What will happen if apply now( cause i may go university this year haven't decide yet).
Than change my mind.
Ray SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aersh8)
Hello! Thanks for creating this thread - I am an applicant from Greece and have firmed and insured my offers for 2015 entry.

I have been told that student finance applications for EU students for the tuition fee loans open in March/April - is there any specific date available?

Regarding means-tested support (the University Bursary Schemes, I am aware that I am not eligible for government maintenance loans), do the income statements have to be translated into English?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi

If you are planning on starting university or college in September 2015, the application form will be available from Spring 2015. You should apply as early as possible to make sure your Tuition Fee Loan is ready for the start of your course. This means you might be applying before you have a confirmed place, but you can change your course details later if you accept a place on a different course.

You’ll be issued a separate bursary application form EU15B after submission of main application for finance EU15N if the HEI offers bursaries/scholarships.

Customers who are eligible to apply for the bursary will be required to provide evidence of their income. This should be in the form of an employers letter on company headed paper stating their yearly earnings or tax. This does not need to be translated.

You’ll need to ask your University or College about the translation. As EU not Means tested we don’t ask for financial evidence as part of the application.
Ray SFE
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by raq123)
Hello, what do with student finance if you decide to deferr to the next year.

What will happen if apply now( cause i may go university this year haven't decide yet).
Than change my mind.
Hi

You should apply as soon as possible. You can always change your course at a later date should you accept a different place.

New students should apply for year they intend to begin their studies ( no gap year option for EU students). Continuing students should apply as normal and complete a Change of circumstance if they change their mind.
aersh8
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ray SFE)
Hi

If you are planning on starting university or college in September 2015, the application form will be available from Spring 2015. You should apply as early as possible to make sure your Tuition Fee Loan is ready for the start of your course. This means you might be applying before you have a confirmed place, but you can change your course details later if you accept a place on a different course.

You’ll be issued a separate bursary application form EU15B after submission of main application for finance EU15N if the HEI offers bursaries/scholarships.

Customers who are eligible to apply for the bursary will be required to provide evidence of their income. This should be in the form of an employers letter on company headed paper stating their yearly earnings or tax. This does not need to be translated.

You’ll need to ask your University or College about the translation. As EU not Means tested we don’t ask for financial evidence as part of the application.
Thank you very much for your extremely helpful reply! It really cleared things up

Posted from TSR Mobile
raq123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ray SFE)
Hi

You should apply as soon as possible. You can always change your course at a later date should you accept a different place.

New students should apply for year they intend to begin their studies ( no gap year option for EU students). Continuing students should apply as normal and complete a Change of circumstance if they change their mind.
I been here for 5 years. I am from portugual. Would able to apply for finance like normally?
And just make me understand- i should apply for student finance now 2015. Than If i decide to go 2016. I Can cancel it before starting the course year?
And reapply for 2016.
Laura SFE
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Are you an EU student thinking about staring a course in England?

You can find answers to some frequently asked questions about the student finance available to you in our new EU students film on YouTube.
Laura SFE
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by raq123)
I been here for 5 years. I am from portugual. Would able to apply for finance like normally?
And just make me understand- i should apply for student finance now 2015. Than If i decide to go 2016. I Can cancel it before starting the course year?
And reapply for 2016.
Hi Raq123

You’ll be able to apply for student finance in the same way as a UK national because you’ve been in the UK for more than three years. It’s quick and easy to apply online, the application is available now at www.gov.uk/studentfinance

Because you’re an EU national we’ll ask you to send additional evidence to show you’ve been in the UK for more than three years, we’ll write to you and let you know exactly what we need once you’ve submitted your application.

If you change your mind about starting this year you can cancel your application online before your course is due to start. If you do that you’ll start a new application the next year.

You can watch our films on YouTube or visit our dedicated student finance zone here on The Student Room to find out more about the student finance available to you and the application process.
ElizaSwan
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hello,
I wondered whether I can apply for a tuition fee loan for a one-year International Foundation Program in the UK starting in September 2015. I am a student from the EU.

Many thanks for your advice!
Laura SFE
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ElizaSwan)
Hello,
I wondered whether I can apply for a tuition fee loan for a one-year International Foundation Program in the UK starting in September 2015. I am a student from the EU.

Many thanks for your advice!
Hi

To apply for a Tuition Fee Loan the course you’re studying must be a certain type and lead to a recognised qualification. The most common types of courses you can get a Tuition Fee Loan for are:

• First degree, for example a BSc, BA or BEd
• Foundation Degree, for example a FdA, FdSc or FdEng
• Higher National Certificate (HNC)
• Higher National Diploma (HND)
• Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
• Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
• Some Initial Teacher Training (ITT) courses

There are some exceptions, so if you’re not sure what type of course you’re going to do, or it isn’t on the list, you should speak to the university or college who will be able to advise you.
Clare SFE
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Still got questions about student finance? Visit our dedicated Student Finance Zone right here on The Student Room or read our new, interactive quick start guides!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (31)
18.9%
The paper was reasonable (67)
40.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (32)
19.51%
It was TERRIBLE (34)
20.73%

Watched Threads