The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Pembroke College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex_hk90
:eek: I still remember when you were a (pre-)Fresher!

PS: Your new avatar is a bit - uh - distracting. :colondollar: :tongue:

I know, it's gone quickly! :moon:

Oh, glad you like it. I'm sure you know where it's from, but I'd better give you the link just in case.

Spoiler

Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Tortious
Oh, glad you like it. I'm sure you know where it's from, but I'd better give you the link just in case.

Spoiler

I had no idea where it was from. :nah:

Spoiler

Wow, never seen a Pembroke lawyer on here before! :five: I'm a third year. :h:

Have you applied for accommodation yet? :smile:

Not just yet, I'm not sure what I want yet :tongue: Always nice to find a fellow lawyer :five: :biggrin:
Original post by Theflyingbarney
Not just yet, I'm not sure what I want yet :tongue: Always nice to find a fellow lawyer :five: :biggrin:

I'd recommend Foundress if you want to live with a lot of other freshers (it's got corridors, so it can get a little noisy sometimes!), or New Court/Orchard Building if you'd rather live in an older staircase. :p:

Better make the most of your freedom now - as soon as results are out, NM will probably write to you with instructions for written work/preparatory reading ("Letters to a Law Student" will be on the list!). He certainly did for our year! :yep:
Original post by Veni Vidi Fugi
I've already had Dr Burt on my case for my options, and I've seen the history reading lists. They're rather long. Freedom gone.

Wow, didn't realise they were so quick off the mark! I'm not sure about History, but Law has introductory lectures that give you an idea of how to work smart rather than hard (to help you get through long reading lists). Hopefully you'll have the same!
I'd recommend Foundress if you want to live with a lot of other freshers (it's got corridors, so it can get a little noisy sometimes!), or New Court/Orchard Building if you'd rather live in an older staircase. :p:

Better make the most of your freedom now - as soon as results are out, NM will probably write to you with instructions for written work/preparatory reading ("Letters to a Law Student" will be on the list!). He certainly did for our year! :yep:

Haha, just as well I bought that before my interview then :tongue: guess I'd better read it again :wink: september will be fun then...
Anyone applying here 2013?
Reply 607
Original post by Sufi-Kitty

If you mean 2013 entry, then yes. :smile:

totally =]

I hope that we both/all get in ^_^
(edited 11 years ago)
Anhedonia - Yes :smile:

What are you both applying for?
Reply 610
Anhedonia - Yes :smile:

What are you both applying for?

Medicine. How about you?
Good luck! Arabic and Persian :pierre:
Phys Natsci myself~ n_n
Original post by Silverland
Phys Natsci myself~ n_n

:K:
Reply 614
Hello, would just like to know, how is Pembroke for music?
I made a list a few weeks back of all the Cambridge societies I'd want to join should I get in. I think I had about 6 or 7 on it. That many along with Saturday morning Lectures (NatSci life huh) probably wouldn't work though. A good two or three were Pembroke ones though so I'm looking forwards to coming back here again for my interview anyways ^_^

:K:

:<
I made a list a few weeks back of all the Cambridge societies I'd want to join should I get in. I think I had about 6 or 7 on it. That many along with Saturday morning Lectures (NatSci life huh) probably wouldn't work though. A good two or three were Pembroke ones though so I'm looking forwards to coming back here again for my interview anyways ^_^

Pembroke Players :adore:
that was one actually :]

I think it's so cool that they get a tour of China/Japan each summer to perform Shakespeare ^^
that was one actually :]

I think it's so cool that they get a tour of China/Japan each summer to perform Shakespeare ^^

Yeh.

:bl:
now just to wait until mid/late November to find out if I have an interview...

could be the longest wait of my life it feels :V

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending