The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Child Nursing September 2015 SHU

Hi!
I've just been offered an unconditional place at Sheffield Hallam University for Child Nursing, starting in September!!! Over the moon! Just wondered if any one else is starting the course then, to get to know people? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've accepted an offer for this september! Hope to be staying at central quay:smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by bethanyhelina
I've accepted an offer for this september! Hope to be staying at central quay:smile:

Congratulations! :smile: Are you excited to start? I'm not moving into student accommodation, but it's great that you have yours sorted!
Original post by LisaJade
Congratulations! :smile: Are you excited to start? I'm not moving into student accommodation, but it's great that you have yours sorted!

Absolutely! Had my heart set on it for a while! Need september to hurry c: how did you find the interview process?
Reply 4
Absolutely! Had my heart set on it for a while! Need september to hurry c: how did you find the interview process?

Aw, that's great then! Where are you moving from? Well, I revised everything like 6c's of nursing, NHS Values and Constitution, the Liverpool Care Pathway, Mid Staffs incident etc... And I just completely forgot everything! haha, it was a lot simpler than I thought though. I was massively shocked that I was accepted as I thought I had messed it up. How did you find it?
Aw, that's great then! Where are you moving from? Well, I revised everything like 6c's of nursing, NHS Values and Constitution, the Liverpool Care Pathway, Mid Staffs incident etc... And I just completely forgot everything! haha, it was a lot simpler than I thought though. I was massively shocked that I was accepted as I thought I had messed it up. How did you find it?

Huddersfield, wanted to stay close to home but not close enough so that I had to live there, kinda scared though because my friends are studying different branches in london and liverpool, so I won't know anybody:/ and same! I felt a little uncomfortable though because the individual interviews were in the same room as others, and I hated the grouo interview! I could hardly get in a word D: and same here tbh! I feel so lucky though.
:smile:
Reply 6
Huddersfield, wanted to stay close to home but not close enough so that I had to live there, kinda scared though because my friends are studying different branches in london and liverpool, so I won't know anybody:/ and same! I felt a little uncomfortable though because the individual interviews were in the same room as others, and I hated the grouo interview! I could hardly get in a word D: and same here tbh! I feel so lucky though.
:smile:

That's great though as you will be able to meet new friends, there will be a lot of people in same position as you, and just think you will have some where to stay on nights out in London and Liverpool :wink: Yeah, I know what you mean, I thought that the individual interviews would be in separate rooms. Do we need to do a maths and English test at some point do you know?
That's great though as you will be able to meet new friends, there will be a lot of people in same position as you, and just think you will have some where to stay on nights out in London and Liverpool :wink: Yeah, I know what you mean, I thought that the individual interviews would be in separate rooms. Do we need to do a maths and English test at some point do you know?

Hopefully! Scary to think about though :') I'm so glad there was only one interviewer. I don't think so, didn't think we had too:/ hope not because I failed my maths test at UWE :frown:
Reply 8
I don't think there is either, as I'm sure they would have mentioned it. Other unis have the tests as part of the selection event too. I think we just have to attend the pre-course day to have security and health checks!

Do you know anyone else who is on the course? :smile:
Do you know when the pre-visit will be? And no I don't know anyone taking it at all, do you?:smile:
Got an interview for children's nursing on 14th February! Hopefully will see you there! What sort of questions were asked please at interview?
i've been given a place too!! :smile: they ask question like "what do you think you will find hard with the course", "how can you link your experience", kinda general ones like that :smile: are we able to choose from all the accommodation on offer??
Wooo! Are you going to firm it?
still have Salford and Chester to reply! but i think Sheffield is my first choice so soon i shall!! :smile:
Reply 14
Do you know when the pre-visit will be? And no I don't know anyone taking it at all, do you?:smile:

Hey, sorry for late reply! I don't know exactly when to be honest, I got an email earlier saying they will be in touch in next few months :smile: I don't know anyone, no! Unless I recognise anyone from interview.
Reply 15
Original post by RosieMid
Got an interview for children's nursing on 14th February! Hopefully will see you there! What sort of questions were asked please at interview?

Congrats on getting an interview!! :smile: You will be fine, quite simple questions, the generic ones like 'Why do you want to be a nurse?', 'How would a child describe a good nurse?' and nursing/NHS in the media.

Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by chloe.amanda
i've been given a place too!! :smile: they ask question like "what do you think you will find hard with the course", "how can you link your experience", kinda general ones like that :smile: are we able to choose from all the accommodation on offer??

Well done! It's great that we will know someone in September! I don't know about accommodation, but I hope you get it sorted :smile:
Original post by chloe.amanda
still have Salford and Chester to reply! but i think Sheffield is my first choice so soon i shall!! :smile:

I applied to Chester two and got an interview but withdrew after getting the offer from Sheffield c: do you know what accommodation you'll be applying for?:smile:
Hey, sorry for late reply! I don't know exactly when to be honest, I got an email earlier saying they will be in touch in next few months :smile: I don't know anyone, no! Unless I recognise anyone from interview.

It's fine:smile: oh blimey, hate waiting 🙈 I didn't meet many people at the interview tbh, I was sat with people from different branches :/
i have no idea what accommodation to apply for :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending