Home-schooling and addmissions to Universities

Watch
thecozz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently doing my A-levels and I'm being home-schooled, and i was just wondering how i'm able to apply and get into universities in Canada and Australia without any predicted grades or and letters of recommendation.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Suggest you email some Unis in Canada and Australia and ask them.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thecozz)
I am currently doing my A-levels and I'm being home-schooled, and i was just wondering how i'm able to apply and get into universities in Canada and Australia without any predicted grades or and letters of recommendation.
Firstly, contacting universities directly if you're from an unusual educational background is a good idea. You should be able to do this via email, at least initially, and they will be able to give you the best advice.

However, being in the situation of having got to A-level standard without having any tutors or teachers does make you pretty unusual, and most university application systems don't really support this. If you organise some tutoring now, then your tutor may be able to help you when it comes to applying.

Alternatively, if you work or volunteer, some institutions may accept references from an employer or a volunteer leader.
thecozz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
oh ok, thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (925)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads