The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Who is applying this year? Can we help?

Hello all students who are applying (or still thinking of applying) to BCU for 2015 entry.

Is there anything you want to know? Can we help?

PS: Our students are also posting on Facebook and Twitter using #BCUstudents if you'd like to know the real truth about studying with us :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which accomdation would be best for Psychology and Criminology course?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
I have an interview for Graphic Communications. I have experience in Graphic Design, Photography and Film Studies. But i want to know if not being very skilled at drawing will affect my interview.
How many students are on the compsci course?

What's the best accommodation for someone doing comp sci?

also, where are the lecturers for compsci taken place? Halls, classrooms?
Reply 4
Original post by emnat
Which accomdation would be best for Psychology and Criminology course?

Criminology and Psychology are part of Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences which is moving to the City Center in September. So I suggest you check out Curzon Gateway, Jennens Court and also Aston Student Village, they are quite close to the City Center.
Check this out for more info
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/accommodation ... Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by InfiniteWisdom
How many students are on the compsci course?

What's the best accommodation for someone doing comp sci?

also, where are the lecturers for compsci taken place? Halls, classrooms?

I am not sure how many students are on the computer science course but you can check out this link
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/computer-science and fill out the course enquiry form or contact them on the number provided.
For the accommodation, Jennens, Curzon Gateway and Aston Student Village are good options. Also check this out http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/accommodation.

Most lectures take place in halls depending on the number of students. But for your seminars, which are sometimes much smaller groups, classrooms might be used. But you can also ask this when you fill the enquiry form. Hope this helps. Good luck!
The feedback from my fashion design interview advised me to get some more drawing skills and then try reapplying another year (which is fair comment as I've only done 6 months of art). I'm on an access to HE in art and design now. Is there a particular course or level I should look at? Is there anywhere you can suggest, preferably in Birmingham as BCU do no foundation degree courses or foundation levels courses in art.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey, I'm starting in September, and was wondering which was the best accommodation for the BSc Music Technology course? As it is based at the Conservatoire and Millennium Point if i'm not correct?

Thanks
Reply 8
hello yes I am trying to apply this year I am HNC business management student (part time) and spouse to go in Hnd part time this year but bcu is not offering part time courses in any of their campuses so I am stuck don't know what to do
Reply 9
Original post by Highsenherb
Hey, I'm starting in September, and was wondering which was the best accommodation for the BSc Music Technology course? As it is based at the Conservatoire and Millennium Point if i'm not correct?

Thanks

You are correct, The Campus for Music Technology is at the City Centre and some of your modules are delivered at the Conservatoire. Some of the accommodations close to the City Center campus are Jennens court, Curzon gateway and Aston student village. There is also the CLV accommodation which is somewhat close to the conservatoire. Check out this link to see the full details for all the accommodations. http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/accommodation
If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hello all students who are applying (or still thinking of applying) to BCU for 2015 entry.

Is there anything you want to know? Can we help?

PS: Our students are also posting on Facebook and Twitter using #BCUstudents if you'd like to know the real truth about studying with us :wink:

Anyone thinking media studies at BCU this year?? Am MA student in television production and am here to answer any question you have on media studies :smile:)
Hey there ! For graphic communications it would be great to check the course requirements to see if any formal training in drawing/fine art is compulsory :smile:
Original post by Highsenherb

Thanks

Hey there ! As Nabila21 answered there are many options for accommodation close by to both locations. I live at Jennens Court which is walking distance from Millennium Point. Its a great place to stay, lots of room and you're close to the city centre :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Jennens court and Curzon gateway are good options because they are close to the city centre campus. Check out this link www.bcu.ac.uk/accommodation
Reply 14
hello, i am considering applying for sept 15, which is the best accommodation? I'm specifically looking at cursor gateway and jennens court to be near the art facilities, but is anywhere else better?
Original post by ADaniels
hello, i am considering applying for sept 15, which is the best accommodation? I'm specifically looking at cursor gateway and jennens court to be near the art facilities, but is anywhere else better?

Hi, I think both Curzon and Jennens are really good places to live as they are nearest to the university. But you could also consider The Heights which is just a little longer walk away from the campus. But, it is a little cheaper. It all comes down to personal choice, really. I hope you enjoy life as a BCU student. =)

Here's a link to the website if you don't already have it: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/accommodation =)
Reply 16
Hi!
I have already applied for the Design Innovation Management - MA (19/MAR), and received an email saying that I will shortly receive an acknowledgement email from BCU confirming they have received my application, but I have not received that confirmation email yet.

I even asked one of my referees and he told me he already sent his reference on my application.

Perhaps we are within the usual time limits...but I am not sure.

Does anyone know how long does it takes?
Thanks!
Reply 17
Original post by fedezx
Hi!
I have already applied for the Design Innovation Management - MA (19/MAR), and received an email saying that I will shortly receive an acknowledgement email from BCU confirming they have received my application, but I have not received that confirmation email yet.

I even asked one of my referees and he told me he already sent his reference on my application.

Perhaps we are within the usual time limits...but I am not sure.

Does anyone know how long does it takes?
Thanks!

Hey,

I'm not sure how long it takes but it does take a while for universities to reply. If your worried call the admission office for your course and ask them. here's the link for the phone number.
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/about-us/contact-details/applicants

hope this helps. i know how stressful it can get when you have to wait for a reply.:smile:
Reply 18
Thanks ImaanG for your answer!

It's my first time applying for a programme abroad, so yes, it is kind of stressful for me! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by fedezx
Thanks ImaanG for your answer!

It's my first time applying for a programme abroad, so yes, it is kind of stressful for me! :smile:

Awh i know how you feel. Good luck with your application and if you need any further help let me know.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest